Tech question-throttle cable

No replies to this topic
  • tnl

Posted March 15, 2006 - 05:20 PM

My 05 450 has a throttle cable that is routed into the bottom of the throttle cover(1 of 2). I unscrewed it to lube the cable and didn't pay attention to the amount of turns it took to release it from the throttle cover nipple. After fighting to get the throttle tube assemble back together I was wondering how loose that lower cable should be or how many turns out or in should it be? I'm still using the same cable. Should I just go with what feels good while twisting the throttle and monitor the play in the throttle tube? Right now it seems to operate good with no slack but I can pull the assembly out a little at the bottom of the throttle cover? Is that the primary adjuster bolt with a lock nut?
Thanks!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.