Help me jet the super WR - PLEASE

9 replies to this topic
  • FOZZ

Posted March 15, 2006 - 03:27 PM

Hello Guys

Im trying to get my jetting strait for this weekend & I need some help as im spoiled with fuel injection n' power commanders..

All my bikes have been fuel injection - even my 98 TL1000R so I dont really know much about jetting except I bought alot of different sizes & think I got a good base to toy with..

Bike Power Mods: 06 WR450 Superstreet

Model: 2006 WR450
Timing: WR
Main jet: 170 ?
Pilot Jet: 48 ?
Needle Jet: JD (red or blue / clip position ?)
Starter Jet: 70 ?
Pilot Air Jet: 100 ?
Main Air Jet: ?
Leak Jet: 40 ?
Fuel screw (turns out): Zip Ty - 2 Turns ?
Needle model/Clip position: JD ?
Airbox: Snorkel out - Side Windows Cut Out - Twin Air Power Flow Kit / Bio Oil - Barnumspro Induction Kit
Pipe: Full White Brothers Carbon Pro
Altitude where you ride: 1900 Ft.
Temperature where you ride: 65 - 95

Other: Power Now & Power Now Plus - GYTR AIS Kit - Gray Wire Mod

Above I filled in what I thought would be a good start from reading here but not really sure ? I have the JD kit - Zip Tye & a few of each good size of the 7 different jets listed below..

Please help my baby run as good as it looks.. THANKS

Main Jet:
Pilot Jet:
Needle Jet:
Starter Jet:
Pilot Air Jet:
Main Air Jet:
Leak Jet:

Posted Image

• clark4131

Posted March 15, 2006 - 04:12 PM

Here's where I'd start...

168 Main
48 Pilot
68 Starter
45 Leak
1.5 Turns
JD Red #5
80 PAJ

Nice motard...SC

• FOZZ

Posted March 15, 2006 - 07:14 PM

Thanks for the input - I have a 100 main air jet but dont here of many people messing with that - should I put that in there or leave that alone ?

• clark4131

Posted March 15, 2006 - 09:48 PM

To my knowledge, the main air jet is not removable/adjustable in the FCR. The pilot air jet however, comes stock as an 80. I've played with it, substituting a #100, but didn't see any change, so I went back to the stock. In the intake bell on the factory schematic, it's in position #22 on the WR, #23 on the YZ, and called the "Jet, Main", but from what I've read elsewhere it's really the PAJ...SC

• TWILES

Posted March 16, 2006 - 03:54 PM

How do you like the 98 TL1000R? My old friend had one we used to ride. I'd love to have one but I'm still liking the dirt for now. You can't find a twin unless you buy a RC51 or a European bike. The Aprillia's are HIGH and I haven't even bothered looking at a Ducati.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FOZZ

Posted March 16, 2006 - 05:23 PM

TWISES:

The TL was a great bike - for sure the most (fun) bike that I have owned.. Great torque / sound / wheelies / etc.. But not the same beast as the modded 05 R1 - when I want to scare the shit out of my self thats the bike I ride.. Twist that baby up at 100mph coming out of a turn will get the heart racing - still get the adrenalin shakes after I part it.. I did some cool stuff to it this winter but its still down for a couple more weeks - I will get some new pics soon..

Heres the old TL

Posted Image

Posted Image

• FOZZ

Posted March 16, 2006 - 05:26 PM

Took the carb totally off & went with this untill I here otherwise

CURRENT

Main Jet: 168
Pilot Jet: 48
Needle Jet: JD Red # 5
Starter Jet: 70
Pilot Air Jet: 80
Leak Jet: 40
Main Air Jet:

Fuel Screw: Zip Ty - 1.5 Turns

Im going to give er a ride on sunday to see how it runs.

Whats a good power mod to do now ?

• OneToGo

Posted March 16, 2006 - 08:18 PM

Nice Motard! :thumbsup:
I think you will be close with those jet and needle settings.
As for power mods...have you got enough yet?
If it were mine I would be looking at a slipper clutch and getting the suspension dialled in, I think your motor setup sounds good, but there is always hotter cams and higher compression....
Nice one :thumbsup:

• FOZZ

Posted March 17, 2006 - 06:40 PM

STM & Internals are next on the plans but unless this jetting makes a world of difference I will need lots more power to be satisfied..

I read of some crazy $2K - $3K power kit for these bikes somewhere but I cant find that link again.. I cant remember what the hell it was ? Supercharger or Turbo - I may be way off but it was crazy power & expensive - thats all I remember for sure..

• TWILES

Posted March 18, 2006 - 10:04 AM

STM & Internals are next on the plans but unless this jetting makes a world of difference I will need lots more power to be satisfied..

I read of some crazy $2K - $3K power kit for these bikes somewhere but I cant find that link again.. I cant remember what the hell it was ? Supercharger or Turbo - I may be way off but it was crazy power & expensive - thats all I remember for sure..

The YZF big bore kits should work. If you want a lot more power thats the route you will probably have to go. 60 is about the best I've heard that they are getting out of the heavily built YFZ's. They rebuild them pretty often though. I don't know what the difference's in the older YZF and WR 450's from now are but the quad engine builders could probably help since you are looking for a shit load of power. They put the older motors in hand built quad frames. They know what they are talking about. Curtis Sparks and CT racing are both good people to talk to.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.