Graphics kits

35 replies to this topic
  • Koko Azuela

Posted March 20, 2006 - 03:38 PM

I like clean looking graphics with two or three colors that would match the air box graphics. I'm not a big fan of skulls or Skin Industries type graphics, i guess im an off road guy, not an MX or freestyle dude!! my opinion
Make sure to include in your designs a rear fender graphics kit for the WR, NOBODY makes one for the WR450 model, with sponsors, just like they have them for the YZ model's...

• byggd

Posted March 20, 2006 - 04:33 PM

I agree with most of the comments made, simple graphics and no billboard effect. I'm going for a black and blue look and went with graphic MX and added some rekluse and other small stickers, oh and of course the TT sticker on the front # plate :thumbsup:
http://photobucket.c...wr426new002.jpg

• Gadsen

Posted March 20, 2006 - 05:58 PM

And to use another color other that whites on the fuel tank as they just get yellow in short order anyway. White on the rad scoops is fine, just not anywhere that holds fuel.

• Turd Ferguson

Posted March 20, 2006 - 08:14 PM

Also wondering if anyone makes an actual WR kit with a front number plate that works with the headlight??? Anyone?

www.decalmx.com

• Punisher660

Posted March 21, 2006 - 09:19 AM

So let me recap and see if I have a good grasp for the general census:

Retro is in right now,
The 25 + guys prefer the clean lines
Some do like the flames and skulls stuff, but mostly the under 25 that are doing free-style/MX

There are model specific problems (obviously) like a lack for the WR, older machines, etc.

It seems like only a small percentage like the "billboard" factory sponsor look

White on the tank is bad

Everyone wants the lowest price and a broad selection

Piecemeal kits are preferred (tank/shrouds only, piece together your own kit w/ forks, other fenders as wanted)

Does this about sum it up for everyone? :thumbsup:

• byggd

Posted March 21, 2006 - 12:24 PM

Sounds right to me!
Be sure to post when you open up shop :thumbsup:

• Punisher660

Posted March 21, 2006 - 01:09 PM

You bet - I have more than just graphics in the works, but I don't want to spill the beans until everything is ready. I appreciate everyones input and will hopefully have some products to show very soon. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Dirtmizer

Posted March 21, 2006 - 03:53 PM

I would love a set of Hurricane graphics for a WR, I like the vintage look of the yellow YZ's. Maybe a design without the tank graphic since it never stays on anyway, maybe blue black and grey. dark and subtle.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR_Dave

Posted March 21, 2006 - 04:02 PM

You got it punisher, alot of the graphics are nice but they don't fit the WR's and they look hacked by the time you get them on the bike. I like this by the way, if only it fit better. WR Dave Posted Image

• Punisher660

Posted March 22, 2006 - 09:53 AM

I would love a set of Hurricane graphics for a WR, I like the vintage look of the yellow YZ's. Maybe a design without the tank graphic since it never stays on anyway, maybe blue black and grey. dark and subtle.

So do you mean the same type of graphics as the 06YZ, but in grey, blue, black to match the existing color of plastics?
Here is a question for you all- everyone wants 'retro', and thats not a problem to do from a graphics standpoint, but in order to get a true 'retro' look, it will require a change of plastics. I don't see that there is that type of availability for different colored WR plastics, is there? :thumbsup:

• byggd

Posted March 22, 2006 - 10:15 AM

Punisher, do you plan on offering them for the 01 and 02 wr426 as well? I see a lot of threads looking for them, as will as the wr450.

• Gee

Posted March 23, 2006 - 11:49 AM

This probably isn't what you want to hear, but I prefer the no-graphics look, once the stock graphics are trashed, I go with the beater-look of just a good ol blue tank/fenders. I'm 40 yo and think most graphics are a little too flashy, I'm not the fastest guy out there, and don't need a bike that looks like something out of a NASCAR race. I even removed the 426 sticker from the rear fenders, it's the old sleeper concept.

• Koko Azuela

Posted March 23, 2006 - 11:51 AM

Again, be sure to include a rear fender decal for the WR450, im posting again because it's a nice way to keep your plastic looking good, just replace the worn, torn decals once in a while and the bike looks great again, my rear fender looks awful right now, changed the swingarm stickers, front fender and shrouds but im don't hacve anything on the rear fender!!
Keep us informed on when you will start taking orders!!! :thumbsup:

• cnr4nier

Posted March 23, 2006 - 01:27 PM

I like the retro look and/ or something clean without all the sponser stuff. Also, WR's are especially hard to find graphics for, so if you could come up with something I would definately be interested!

• Punisher660

Posted March 23, 2006 - 05:09 PM

Punisher, do you plan on offering them for the 01 and 02 wr426 as well? I see a lot of threads looking for them, as will as the wr450.

That is exactally why I started this thread, so I know what everyone wants.
I totally understand the "left-out" feeling.

When your bike is new, everything is available, as soon as it becomes about 5 years old, there is nothing available. :thumbsup:

This is something that I am starting from the ground up, so it will take a little while, but you guys are giving me the exact type of feedback I need.

As far as some of the guys that don't like any graphics :thumbsup: ....something tells me that when you try to sell your bike, you are going to be looking for a graphics kit so you can get top dollar for your machine.

I appreciate everyones input (Even those that don't like graphics). It just tells me that you havn't found anything that you like yet, and thats what I am trying to make for you.

• Dirtmizer

Posted March 23, 2006 - 05:46 PM

To answer your question Yes I am talking about the 06 YZ retro look but I guess I would like to see something as close as possible to the retro look without all the plastic changes, something designed specifically for the WR. I'm running the TT shroud graphics right now and they look great although the tank graphic did not last long, maybe I should have drained my gas when not riding :thumbsup: keep us posted.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.