Excessive Vibrations 03' 450f

4 replies to this topic
  • River4Life

Posted March 15, 2006 - 02:45 PM

i recently installed a quickshot on my 450f. took the bike to glamis for 3days and it rode perfect....like a champ. my next ride was a star west, bike rode great there as well. i could really see the improved performance from the quickshot on hard packed dirt. 1 week later, today, i start my bike and while its warming up i notice the idle sounds different. it sounds a lot rougher than normal with a hint of clank. not like the piston is going to break loose or expolode, but definately different. i let it warm up and then took it for a loop around the block. every gear seems to vibrate the hell out of my hands and feet. also, the bike is cutting out throughout the throttle range. i have riden this bike on the street numerous times and it is usualy very smoothe. roll on the throttle and the front end lifts in every gear. now its very jerky and like i said, the vibrations are that of a 1980 2 smoke. when i got off my hands were numb. there was also more backfiring than normal. has anyone experienced this with their 450? could it be that the quickshot has effected the bike in some way? the bike seems to run instantly leaner now, not bc the quickshot, but just because. i dont think that if i adjusted the fuel to air mixture, that could solve the problem im having now. one more thing to note, the bike exhuast smells hotter, like the smell dirty water has when its evaporating. any thoughts on what the deal is????

• MotoGoalie

Posted March 15, 2006 - 02:56 PM

You might have crappy gas or something more insidious like your motor is gonna grenade. I'd completely dump out the old gas, clean the carb down and see if that helps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • new2blu

Posted March 15, 2006 - 06:01 PM

What color is the insulator on the spark plug?

• Ga426owner

Posted March 15, 2006 - 06:56 PM

You may want to look at the stator and flywheel - make sure it all looks normal

• dirtbikindad426

Posted March 15, 2006 - 10:56 PM

i recently installed a quickshot on my 450f. took the bike to glamis for 3days and it rode perfect....like a champ. my next ride was a star west, bike rode great there as well. i could really see the improved performance from the quickshot on hard packed dirt. 1 week later, today, i start my bike and while its warming up i notice the idle sounds different. it sounds a lot rougher than normal with a hint of clank. not like the piston is going to break loose or expolode, but definately different. i let it warm up and then took it for a loop around the block. every gear seems to vibrate the hell out of my hands and feet. also, the bike is cutting out throughout the throttle range. i have riden this bike on the street numerous times and it is usualy very smoothe. roll on the throttle and the front end lifts in every gear. now its very jerky and like i said, the vibrations are that of a 1980 2 smoke. when i got off my hands were numb. there was also more backfiring than normal. has anyone experienced this with their 450? could it be that the quickshot has effected the bike in some way? the bike seems to run instantly leaner now, not bc the quickshot, but just because. i dont think that if i adjusted the fuel to air mixture, that could solve the problem im having now. one more thing to note, the bike exhuast smells hotter, like the smell dirty water has when its evaporating. any thoughts on what the deal is????

Sounds like you have a head gasket leaking coolant into the engine.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.