Key Ignition Help?

8 replies to this topic
  • lazybones51

Posted March 15, 2006 - 02:35 PM

Jus curious were can i get a key ignition for a 650r as i am a bit paranoid as my last bike was stollen , also is there any alarms which run on normal batteries as u know the 650 dnt have a built in battery , thanks :thumbsup:

• HawkGT

Posted March 15, 2006 - 02:57 PM

I put this http://cgi.ebay.com/...sspagenameZWDVW on mine and I'm pleased with it. Quality is good. I had to trim the bracket a little so it wouldn't rub on my IMS tank, but it was no big deal. The switch itself is an Honda OEM atv switch.

It's not very visible (as far as theft deterence) and would be easy to defeat if you know how it hooks up, but it does keep someone from just hoping on and riding away while your in the convience store. The only other (minor) downside is that it must be removed/lossened to get to the tank bolt on that side.

I think that seller also has a key/speed combo that puts the key in a more visible area if that matters to you.

• jickimojo

Posted March 15, 2006 - 03:02 PM

I got one left over from a xr650L Ill sell ya cheap +shipping.

PM me if interested

• lazybones51

Posted March 15, 2006 - 03:08 PM

Thanks for the help it was just that i didnt want any old person to start my bike when im not there even if they dont take it , it wont do it any gud leaving it idleing for ages u know , kids in the uk are vandales so every lil helps

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rcnutt

Posted March 15, 2006 - 05:33 PM

baja designs has a new keyed setup for 29.99.they said it would be out in march.it looks like a stock honda ign.

• Mudshark

Posted March 15, 2006 - 08:11 PM

Go buy this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

Simple to wire up and looks cool.
I made my own... before seeing the one on e-bay
Posted Image

• targetdrone

Posted March 15, 2006 - 08:27 PM

One of my riding buddies has one of these alarm/disc locks for his KTM. I looked around and no shops around here stock them, so I may just order one.

• lazybones51

Posted March 15, 2006 - 11:30 PM

thanks for the input just wondering if also any one has used the trial tech computer / enduro speedometer thingy before as it looks sweet over the standard speedo , i think i will have to go for a couple of REALLY heavy duty locks to make sure it dosent go anywere and also i think i might go with that first key ignition thanks

• bigboredbiker

Posted March 16, 2006 - 03:19 AM

I'm currently using the trailtech endurance unit and yes it does look sweet. My only concern with it is how slow the response is to changes in speed, but I beleive that adding another magnet to the brake rotor and adjusting the wheel size setting works better. I'll try it when I get a bit more time to play around with the settings.... :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.