JD...WR Sighting

6 replies to this topic
  • BlueThunder

Posted October 02, 2001 - 11:42 AM

JD....think I met the new owner of your old WR on Manastash/Mt. Clifty area. A guy from Monroe area if I heard him right. Asked him if he knew who owned the bike prior and he mentioned a guy from Fed. Way named James, who mentioned T.T. to him and was swapping over to a KTM...engineer type . Thought the description sounded pretty familiar...if so, it's in good hands and is being well taken care of. It was dual-sported by you, correct? Y2K 400 w/Clarke YZ tank, homemade tip on open WR silencer, etc. Very nice machine if that was your old ride. Take care.

------------------
Y2K WR400FM,Answer top tree w/Accu-Trax clamp,Pro-Tapers(CR-Hi w/ EE handguards),Devol Rad. & frame guards, Guts tall soft foam w/ ballistic cover, 14/52 w/DID VM X-Ring, Kouba-T,Michelin M-12's ft.& rr.,12 oz. flywheel weight, Zip-Ty Racing Link & Shark Fin, Cycra front rotor guard and T.M. Designworks Chain guide, buffer & chain wheels. Street legal except for the non-"DOT" tires.

• James_Dean

Posted October 02, 2001 - 01:42 PM

Yes, that sounds like the blue thunder machine, tank and all. He wanted a licensed WR bad enough to buy mine and sell his WR to a friend.

• BlueThunder

Posted October 03, 2001 - 09:33 PM

I believe the friend you are referring to may have been the other guy riding with him....it was a non dual-sported 2K WR with similar mods but a stock tank and seat. Hate to ask but, what did you get for your machine? I am considering the jump to a Katoom and have a very similar machine to your ex, sans the tank.

------------------
Y2K WR400FM,Answer top tree w/Accu-Trax clamp,Pro-Tapers(CR-Hi w/ EE handguards),Devol Rad. & frame guards, Guts tall soft foam w/ ballistic cover, 14/52 w/DID VM X-Ring, Kouba-T,Michelin M-12's ft.& rr.,12 oz. flywheel weight, Zip-Ty Racing Link & Shark Fin, Cycra front rotor guard and T.M. Designworks Chain guide, buffer & chain wheels. Street legal except for the non-"DOT" tires.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • James_Dean

Posted October 03, 2001 - 12:16 PM

Too much ($4800), but it was still summer and the bike was a dual sport. Getting a license plate on a WR400 in WA is now next to impossible. The state inspections policy has changed to close out conversions from ORV. Makes me an outlaw at times on the KTM. :)

• mikeolichney

Posted October 03, 2001 - 12:21 PM

James Dean, is there good riding near Spokane? What do you think of Spokane in general?

• James_Dean

Posted October 03, 2001 - 12:50 PM

I have not ridden in the Spokane area. I know of others who have driven all the way across the state for riding there. Trails aren't as overused as they are in western WA. Less traffic than Seattle area.

[This message has been edited by James Dean (edited October 03, 2001).]

• BlueThunder

Posted October 03, 2001 - 02:16 PM

JD....hope you were able to license the Katoom.Got a friend who just purchased an 01 300EXC and had a plate on it 3 hours after he left the dealer with it, no tech inspection and no grief at DOL :). This only works in WA for NEWLY purchased KTM's that are not licensed for ORV tabs by the dealer.
If you're curious, you know how to reach me.

------------------

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.