TT Store Issues

36 replies to this topic
  • dl19

Posted March 14, 2006 - 05:16 PM

I just placed a order through the TT store. I was suspicous when I was putting the order together from the ordering format. The call was not toll free but I continued. The assistant was nice, but after the order I had the feeling this was a "order only/non stocking dealer". After I received my order confirmation and back order I knew this was simply a "pass through" business. To each his own, but I am not waiting for my order to arrive after payment then have it sent to me. I will just go back to my old suppliers who are actually stocking dealers, and have my items immediatly confirmed if in stock or not and shipped the same day. This is a great forum with super information, but the "Store" is simply a computer ordering items from suppliers not actually a stocked warehouse. Not unhappy at all with the forums, but the store is a joke in my opinion. Just my thoughts.

• clark4131

Posted March 14, 2006 - 05:38 PM

And you're posting your gripe on this message board because...? Take it up with the TT Store people. 99.9% of us who have used them are satisfied. Who cares if they're a "pass through" business? They have great customer service, they're knowledgable about what parts work best with which bike, and by using them, you support the website. The local bike shop that I do most of my business with has to order most of the things I want as well. BTW, the last time I looked, a number that begins with 1-866 IS toll free :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ...SC

• Bryan Bosch

Posted March 14, 2006 - 05:39 PM

1. We stock lots of parts, but with over 1/4 million parts available, we don't stock them all. Those that do are called distributors.

2. We do have a toll free number. It's 1.866.6.SHOPTT. Being in the state of Washingon, you were not charged for the call.

3. You placed your order on 3/13/06 5:04PM and we procesed your order the very next morning. Of the 7 items you order, only the fuel screw was backordered and your were informed immediately. The backorder is from ZipTy as we STOCK this part, but we sell them so fast, the mfg can't always keep up with our needs. ETA for stock on hand is Friday.

I'm fine that you decided to cancel your order (you were rude about it for no reason as the guys inform me) , but to insult our business (calling us a joke) for a something that happens from time to time (backorder) is both unrealistic, uncalled for and immature. :bonk: I can assure you that we enjoy a good joke like anyone, we don't joke around when it comes to taking care of our customers and business.

Your expectations are unrealistic as no dealer has all the items you want in stock at all times. So, are you saying that anytime a dealer doesn't have what you want that your going to blow them out and insult them? :thumbsup: IF that's the case, you've saved us a lot of effort for nothing. Just my opinion of course.

PS - We provide stock checks by phone, email and live support anytime someone asks. :thumbsup:

• drtbk4ever

Posted March 14, 2006 - 05:45 PM

1. We stock lots of parts, but with over 1/4 million parts available, we don't stock them all. Those that do are called distributors.

2. We do have a toll free number. It's 1.866.6.SHOPTT. Being in the state of Washingon, you were not charged for the call.

3. You placed your order on 3/13/06 5:04PM and we procesed your order the very next morning. Of the 7 items you order, only the fuel screw was backordered and your were informed immediately. The backorder is from ZipTy as we STOCK this part, but we sell them so fast, the mfg can't always keep up with our needs. ETA for stock on hand is Friday.

I'm fine that you decided to cancel (you were rude about it for no reason as the guys inform me) your order, but to insult us (calling us a joke) for a something that happens from time to time (backorder) is both unrealistic and immature. :cry:

Your expectations are unrealistic as no dealer has all the items you want in stock at all times. So, are you saying that anytime a dealer doesn't have what you want that your going to blow them out and insult them? IF that's the case, you've saved us a lot of effort for nothing. Just my opinion of course.

PS - We provide stock checks by phone, email and live support anytime asks. :confused:

WELL SAID. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bonk: :confused:

• flatnacker

Posted March 14, 2006 - 06:26 PM

Geez what a wanker :bonk: Probably the same type of sook that has a cry because a plane is delayed due to thunderstorms etc

If only half of the stores I deal with had the same type of service TT had I would be a happy happy man. :thumbsup:

Besides mate the TT shop is cheaper anyway, stop your whining :thumbsup:

• roostmonster

Posted March 14, 2006 - 06:50 PM

Once we went to Mcdonalds for burger and fries and they made me pay before they would give me the burgers. Then the bastards asked me to pull forward and wait because the fries weren't done. Whats wrong with the world??????????

By the way that was a little sarcasm for ya.....Get a life bro.......

• flatnacker

Posted March 14, 2006 - 06:55 PM

Once we went to Mcdonalds for burger and fries and they made me pay before they would give me the burgers. Then the bastards asked me to pull forward and wait because the fries weren't done. Whats wrong with the world??????????

By the way that was a little sarcasm for ya.....Get a life bro.......

Bwahahahahaahah :thumbsup: Now that was gold :thumbsup:

• 642MX

Posted March 14, 2006 - 06:56 PM

I've never had any problems with the TT store. Keep up the good work TT. :thumbsup:

• joeshmoe196

Posted March 14, 2006 - 07:01 PM

Put that guys tail right between hislegs i'll bet his yamaha shop doesnt even have the parts in stock what a whiner!!!!

• Bryan Bosch

Posted March 14, 2006 - 07:07 PM

Thx for the support fellas. I know we're not perfect (who is?), but I also know that we try very hard and if something does get gnarled up, we fix the problem without attitude. :thumbsup:

I'm a consumer too and I have issues with orders as often as the rest. I really don't complain too much until I find someone that treats me with an attitude of indifference. :bonk: That's unacceptable. Some of my favorite vendors have dropped the ball on stuff I've ordered, but they fixed the problem quickly, apologized with sincerity and made it right. Those of the vendors I personally stick with. :thumbsup:

:confused: :confused: :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Doug kirkpatrick

Posted March 14, 2006 - 07:37 PM

Mark me down as another very satisfied TT shopper.

• OneToGo

Posted March 14, 2006 - 07:50 PM

Another Satisfied TT customer!
I have bought loads of stuff through TT Store, and other on-line stores for that matter. I think the TT setup and business model is one of the best, the "TT" discount and 110% price garantee are also great incentives.
Sure, it is not an ideal world; we customers are VERY demanding these days, not easily pleased, and are somewhat spoilt for choice - consumerism at its best!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Numskull

Posted March 14, 2006 - 07:59 PM

This guy is obviously some sort of competitor, or some jack ass with out a clue :thumbsup:

I haven't bought anything from the tt store yet, but I know I wont have any problems. The owner Mr. Bryan Bosch, is very active here, and will resolve your problem. :thumbsup:

• cubera

Posted March 14, 2006 - 08:17 PM

I hope dl19 comes to realize how great the TT Store really is and tries harder in future posts to avoid the appearance of a shill. For me, it matters not whether an item is physically in stock or not. What matters is that I can find what I want, get a great price, get fantastic service, get my purchase ON TIME, and not have to shop a dozen sites or visit several shops to find what I'm looking for. What's even better is that the OWNER actually participates and cares greatly about what we out here in cyber space think if his shop. Keep up the great work, Bryan! Just my .02 :thumbsup:

• WR_Dave

Posted March 14, 2006 - 08:50 PM

Afriend of mine once said" Bad planing on your part does not constitute an automatic emergency on My part". Think ahead when ordering and allow realistic delivery times. The TT'rs in numbers discount is well worth any small inconvenience that you may have experienced.Posts well spoken Bryan. Now get back on your meds dl19.

• Matty05

Posted March 14, 2006 - 09:33 PM

Geez what a wanker :thumbsup: Probably the same type of sook that has a cry because a plane is delayed due to thunderstorms etc

I always cry because Qantas always delays regonal flights, you know, the ones with no competition.......... Bastards.

The response time for questions to the TT store is unbelievable. Ask them what you want, they tell you if they have it or ETA. Much better to deal with than the local shop, and much cheaper. If not, they have that 110% guarentee!

• flatnacker

Posted March 14, 2006 - 09:50 PM

I always cry because Qantas always delays regonal flights, you know, the ones with no competition.......... Bastards.

Yeah, but it always makes me laugh/shake my head when you see people bitchin and moaning about a flight delayed due bad weather-ummmm I suppose they would prefer the plane to fly right through the middle of the thunderstorm and risk being ripped appart mid air

• dl19

Posted March 14, 2006 - 10:00 PM

I really did not intend to offend anyone who supports and likes buying from the TT store. I only expressed my opinion based on my situation like we do with every other item on this forum. I agree my word choice should have been better, and I apologize for that. I was treated with courtesy and understanding, and did not mention any negatives about the staff. I did say "I do no like to do business with on time delivery and pass through web sights" when asked why I wanted to cancel my order. I was only answering the question with no offense taken or given. I completely agree my local Yamaha shop will not have the part, and they would want me to pay for the part when ordered. I do not do business with them either for the same reason. Everyone has their expectations of performance and quality and I don't judge anyone based on their likes or dislikes. Every day we make choices like the bike we ride or the modifications we make. If you like shopping at the TT store or any other location then please continue to do so on a regular basis. This is not something I am going to continue with, but I apologize if I have offended you as that was not my intent. I appreciate your comments and opinions as that is what this forums and should be like. Looking forward to the great information and experiences expressed by everyone in the future.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted March 14, 2006 - 10:02 PM

I will just go back to my old suppliers who are actually stocking dealers, and have my items immediatly confirmed if in stock or not and shipped the same day

You go ahead and do that, genius. I happend to save over $100.00 just today by ordering my Rekluse package with this "pass thru dealer". Who the hell cares if they stock it or not. Works out better for me on this one. Its cheaper through TT than Rekluse, but it ships from Rekluse in Idaho rather than TT in Nevada. Idaho is closer to Montana than Nevada. Yeah, I see your point buddy, this really sux. Good post though. :bonk: :thumbsup: :confused: :thumbsup: :confused:

• chiefsfan.58

Posted March 14, 2006 - 10:38 PM

You go ahead and do that, genius.......................... Yeah, I see your point buddy, this really sux. Good post though. :bonk: :thumbsup: :bonk: :thumbsup: :confused:

:confused: :cry: That sh*t cracks me up......
and right after I felt proud of the guy for half way stepping up to the plate and admitting (well..., not outright admitting, but at least a halfa$$ attempt at it) that he was out of line and expecting waaaaaay too much.

thanks for the laugh B&B, and props to Bryan B of TT for being as active as he is and for striving to offer the one thing that most companies fail to deliver, "good customer service"!
peace

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.