1999 wr 400 plated- worth $2800 ?

2 replies to this topic
  • rtdk

Posted March 14, 2006 - 07:48 AM

Found this bike on the classifieds in so. cal. The guy's asking price is firm, is the bike worth the money? I want a plated bike, but what are your opinions on something this old? Any comments are appreciated :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • steelhead

Posted March 14, 2006 - 10:15 AM

If the bikes not flogged and has a plate I wouldn't worry about the age too much. The older WR's are stone reliable IMO.

I'm selling my 2000 WR400F here in classied for a little less $$ but it doesn't have a plate so I think that's a fair price if the bike is nice.

I also have an 04 WR450 and my 2000 is every bit as reliable as the 04 but every bike (and owner) is different so I'd go check out the bike before you judge it strictly by the age. Good luck.

• byggd

Posted March 14, 2006 - 12:03 PM

I agree with steelhead. All the WR's 98 up are solid and reliable bikes. Go take a look at it, hear it run and then decide. $2800 doesn't sound bad to me being it's plated.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.