FHN needle WOW!!!!!!!!!!

1 reply to this topic
  • Jason_Williams

Posted October 02, 2001 - 06:36 AM

This needle smokes!!! :) Just had enough time to do a couple of passes but Holy smokes this is great. I don't know if I would want this needle in the tight nasty stuff but in a open field.... Amazing!! :D James you were right F for Fun factor. I will hopefully get in some full testing next week. I'll post my findings. James should I try a F_M needle and see what I think? do you recommend one? FHM? this is what I ran 01 wr 426 lid off, cork out, wire cut, Yz timed
168 Main
FHN #3 (been running Ekp#4((#5 little rich)
pilot screw at 1 1/8 turn out
PAjscrew at 1 1/4 turns out (125)?
Maj completely removed (230)?
Apj limited to around .5 sec
Very clean air filter
70 degrees
next week I will try many different combos FHN#4,#5
maybe a EKM #????
I can't seem to get past a 45P Either wants to be a 42p with pjscrew at 2-3 or a 45 at 1 turn out
Am I correct in asuming that the paj screw from sudco is all the way seated is 000 and one turn out is 100 and so forth 1 1/4 turns out = 125?
also thinking of drilling the Maj passage as seen in prior posts. I recall that removing the maj completely is around a #230 I am going to do the drilling to be able to test #220,#230 and so on.
hoping to have a long afternoon next week.

Thanks for all the info everyone! :D

I ride snowmobiles alot and to tinker around like this to gain these kind of improvements is a very expensive hobby!! This is great cheap fun for the cost of a few jets!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • James_Dean

Posted October 02, 2001 - 08:01 AM

Work with different needle clip positions to get a feel for which gives best results. The main air jet modifications will not yield as noticeable results, stay as-is with it removed. This is something anyone could do, removing it.

I aggree that this could be a handful in the tight nasty stuff, can you spell throttle control?

Has anyone ever wondered if jetting could make a difference? :)

See www.trailtech.net/jet_tech.htm for a visual comparison of what the needle does. This adds more fuel at 3/8-3/4 throttle where stock response is smooth but not very exciting.

[This message has been edited by James Dean (edited October 02, 2001).]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.