Best aftermarket plastic?

9 replies to this topic
  • cowboyona426

Posted March 13, 2006 - 09:51 PM

I've heard a lot of good things about Polisport plastic, has anyone had any experience with this stuff? I may take the plunge and just buy OEM plastic to replace my battered right side shroud on my 450, but if there is an aftermarket plastic that matches good and doesn't get white streaks when you look at it funny I'd consider that as well. Or, if someone has a right side blue shroud for an 06 they don't need, give a holler! :thumbsup:

• aford541

Posted March 13, 2006 - 10:28 PM

I've heard a lot of good things about Polisport plastic, has anyone had any experience with this stuff? I may take the plunge and just buy OEM plastic to replace my battered right side shroud on my 450, but if there is an aftermarket plastic that matches good and doesn't get white streaks when you look at it funny I'd consider that as well. Or, if someone has a right side blue shroud for an 06 they don't need, give a holler! :thumbsup:

I bought Polisport plastic, the aluminum deals did not fit as good as the stockers and it did not last as good as the factory stuff, I bought an acerbis front fender that lasted through practice a rock hit it and blew it into pieces.

I'd buy OE plastic if I were you.

• TimFurryBalls

Posted March 13, 2006 - 10:57 PM

OEM's the best but I've had some luck with UFO plastics.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted March 14, 2006 - 07:21 AM

I like Acerbis. I had them on my WR and just ordered all new Acerbis plastic for my 06. In my experience the fit and finish is perfect. I have no complaints.

• big t

Posted March 14, 2006 - 07:27 AM

I like Acerbis. I had them on my WR and just ordered all new Acerbis plastic for my 06. In my experience the fit and finish is perfect. I have no complaints.

Another vote for Acerbis.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stknrdr

Posted March 14, 2006 - 07:33 AM

Did you eat it?

• cowboyona426

Posted March 14, 2006 - 07:38 AM

Did you eat it?

No, IMO plastic isn't very tasty :thumbsup: I laid it over in the mud and scratched the crap out of the right side shroud, put a small crack in it, and it got kinked outward a little and doesn't fit quite right anymore.

• highflyernick

Posted March 14, 2006 - 08:13 AM

My friend has UFO plastic on his 04YZ125 and it's holding up real good. He's taken a couple big crashes and the plastics/graphics are lookin real good. He's even got hit by a CRF450X from the side and only the seat cover got a little tear in it.

• joshb

Posted March 14, 2006 - 08:20 AM

Polisport sucks. That is why it's cheaper. There panels do not line up as good as stock and the right muffler has some crazy bend that extends the panel away from the exhaust like another 2 inches than the stock one did. This is actually a good thing except when you buy Decal Works backgrounds to put on them. Made the backgrounds not line up at all.

• Ga426owner

Posted March 14, 2006 - 08:34 AM

I've heard a lot of good things about Polisport plastic, has anyone had any experience with this stuff? I may take the plunge and just buy OEM plastic to replace my battered right side shroud on my 450, but if there is an aftermarket plastic that matches good and doesn't get white streaks when you look at it funny I'd consider that as well. Or, if someone has a right side blue shroud for an 06 they don't need, give a holler! :bonk:

I saw the negative comments on Polisport - I have used their stuff on my 03 with no issues what so ever - The blue holds up better than any other aftermarket I have used. :thumbsup:

I am not sure they have 06 product for the YZF though :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.