What filter cage for a 426?

2 replies to this topic
  • mulisha00

Posted March 13, 2006 - 09:36 PM

Hey I picked up a used 426 and the guy that had it put in a K&N air filter in it. I cannot stand the thing. I have tons of filters from my old 01 yz250. What filter cage do I need to get. I want to order it from the TT store but they don't have a listing for the OEMTT 02 426. So will a 03 450 filter cage work whether it be for a 450 or a 250 two smoke w/o screen in it. What are my options? Thanks bros. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted March 13, 2006 - 09:49 PM

The YZ 250 2-smoke cage will work fine, but you may want to run a fire resistant filter in case of a backfire, or at the very least be sure you aren't washing or oiling your filter with flammable stuff.

• grayracer513

Posted March 14, 2006 - 12:01 AM

The filter cages are the same at least '01-'05, so the '03 450 OEM cage will fit yours. Personally, I have never seen proof that there's an advantage to removing the screens, although I have seen evidence that there is none, so I run them on both mine.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.