06 quiet exhaust

13 replies to this topic
  • jimmyg

Posted March 13, 2006 - 05:40 PM

has any one found a good solution for a spark arrested quieter than stock exhaust that doesnt kill the power ? i tried a fmf Q on my 426 but it killed the low end power & thats just what i like to use.whats out there that will fit the bill??

• kid on a 426

Posted March 13, 2006 - 05:48 PM

What version of the Q?

• lipskid

Posted March 13, 2006 - 09:03 PM

I have a PC496, and like it a lot. I changed the end cap to open it up a little. Power is down a little, but not much. It's still plenty fast. It's not quietest pipe out there, but definately quieter than stock. :thumbsup:

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted March 14, 2006 - 07:26 AM

I have the Dr. D with the quiet insert and SA. Its quieter than stock and has awesome power. I have not had it tested yet, but when I do I will post the numbers, its supposed to be around 98 db.

• jimmyg

Posted March 14, 2006 - 01:45 PM

thanks anyone try any thing else just trying to educate myself before spending $$$

• Sapling Thrasher

Posted March 14, 2006 - 06:55 PM

I have a Ti Q2 on my 06 and once I got the jetting sorted I am extremely happy with it. I put the Q2 on the bike before I rode it so that I would'nt be disappointed in any power loss from the stock pipe. The races that I do are a 96 db limit and they check every race. I had a 426 with a Q prior to the 06 and the 06 with Q2 is flat out sweet once you get it dialed in on the jetting. Don't expect to buy any quiet pipe and not have to fiddle with the jetting to get the power back. I spent 5 hours changing jets/needles on Sunday and finally got it to run f'n SWEET!!! I ordered a powerbomb hoping to get a little harder bottom end.

Sap

• jimmyg

Posted March 15, 2006 - 02:16 PM

bump :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • riderman329

Posted March 15, 2006 - 06:30 PM

i just installed my rocket exhaust

i got the racer series, and for the price you can't beat it!

the pipe came with 2 inserts a number 1 and a number 3

i have tryed both on a track and i can tell you that even tho the number 3 brings the bike down to 98 db (has been tested) there was no loss of power!!! and i was able to pull wheelies for a dead stop in second gear, tha pipe make so much more power down low and carries it all the way up on top!!! also a added gain is the pipe came with a spark arrested built in,

only problem i have had was trying to find the special loc-tite, but the hondatite work just as goods and is cheaper too!!!

for as little as the system cost 349.99 for a slip on and 499.99 for the full system, you just can't beat it!!!

i'm very happy with my system.. o and the exhasut tip comes anadizode to match the color of your bike! so mine is blue!!!

check them out at
www.rocketexhaust.com

and tell them Matt Carver sent ya!!!

Posted Image

• jimmyg

Posted March 16, 2006 - 12:31 PM

i have tryed both on a track and i can tell you that even tho the number 3 brings the bike down to 98 db (has been tested) there was no loss of power!!! and i was able to pull wheelies for a dead stop in second gear, tha pipe make so much more power down low and carries it all the way up on top!!! also a added gain is the pipe came with a spark arrested built in,

only problem i have had was trying to find the special loc-tite, but the hondatite work just as goods and is cheaper too!!!

for as little as the system cost 349.99 for a slip on and 499.99 for the full system, you just can't beat it!!!

i'm very happy with my system.. o and the exhasut tip comes anadizode to match the color of your bike! so mine is blue!!!

check them out at
www.rocketexhaust.com

Posted Image

so are you saying you got a low end gain did you get the full system or the slip on ?

• jimmyg

Posted March 16, 2006 - 12:31 PM

check them out at
www.rocketexhaust.com

Posted Image

so are you saying you got a low end gain ? did you get the full system or the slip on ?

• riderman329

Posted March 16, 2006 - 12:46 PM

slip on, not only a low end gain but it carryed it all the way up top!!!

it a great system!!!

www.rocketexhaust.com

tell them Matt Carver sent ya, they maybe able to hook you up good!

• moochie

Posted March 16, 2006 - 01:50 PM

Thanks for the input. Between the two inserts which is supposed to be the quiet one, #1 or #3 ?

• riderman329

Posted March 16, 2006 - 01:56 PM

number 1 does quite it down a little, but number 3 really brings the DB down!

• 2012 450 xc-w

Posted March 16, 2006 - 02:55 PM

Just a small piece of info, if you have ridden the bike before you put say a Q2 on it you WILL be dissapointed with the power loss!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.