will bike be slower with Rekluse

6 replies to this topic
  • Tau

Posted March 13, 2006 - 10:18 AM

OK Ok the rekluse clutch sounds grate and the fact that i won't stall my stroker is even better than the fact that I wont get arm-pump. My question however is will the bike ecelerate slower and will the bike have a dragging effect. (as you will notice I haven't tested this equipment I live out in the sticks) I do oofroading and we do lots of technical and rough terrain in a race with fast sections every now and then 14okm/h plus. Will the bike be that much slower top end and at exceleration and the feeewheel effect how bad is that on hectic rocky descents
:thumbsup: :bonk: :bonk:

Thanks guys for the great answers that I will receive seeing that this is TT :thumbsup:

• 642MX

Posted March 13, 2006 - 10:27 AM

Your bike will accelerate faster with a Rekluse, it feeds the power thru the clutch for you. You shouldn't loose any top speed with it either. And you can still keep most of your engine breaking. I hope this answers your question. You can also do a search on Rekluse and come up with pages of good info. :thumbsup:

Posted March 13, 2006 - 12:55 PM

Also, go to http://www.rekluse.com and go into the FAQ section.

The FAQ alone made me want to buy one. I now am.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • snow

Posted March 13, 2006 - 05:51 PM

All I can say is WoW rode mine with the Rekluse on Sun. If you want a Rekluse don't wait any longer. The Clutch makes me so much faster go into a corner full tilt lock the back end up then give her the onion and it's as fast as the reg clutch. Then I took it up a steep rocky bank stoped in the middle and took off. Great product.

• Fastest1

Posted March 14, 2006 - 02:31 PM

Excellent product and the best customer service of any company period. You wont notice any loss of power or speed. You will notice better engaement all of the time and no stalling ever. Engine braking will still be there until your auto disengages at what 1200-1000 rpm? Even that is slightly variable by ball count, spring tensions and strengths and ball weights. You will truly be impressed with the product!

• yz_for_me

Posted March 14, 2006 - 05:29 PM

The Rekluse absolutely will not make your bike slower. In fact for the average rider, they end up riding faster with the Rekluse because it feathers the clutch perfectly out of corners resulting in less wheelspin and better acceleration. It's a great product, especially for the type of riding you are describing.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted March 14, 2006 - 09:53 PM

I hope it doesnt make me slower, I will have to spit to see if I am moving. :confused: I just ordered mine today, clutch, perch adjuster, clutch cable, and black clutch cover. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bonk:

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

• Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.