4th gear bad!!

4 replies to this topic
  • CRFThumper

Posted March 13, 2006 - 09:52 AM

Hello guy's my sons wait, my 18 year old son(problem in it's own but we can talk about that later)told me this morning that something felt wrong with his 04 yz450 something about 4th gear slipping.Knowing of my sons wait,my 18 year old sons mech ability I didn't worry too much about it thinking chain slipping or something else as we keep all our bikes as nice as can be. So I go out to look at it and what do you know THIS TIME HE GOT IT RIGHT!Feels like the dogs are going!So now my ? is who to let do the work?I can yank the motor,and send it out but do not have the time tools or know how to do this one.SOOOO who do I ship it to? :thumbsup:

• SureBlue

Posted March 13, 2006 - 10:01 AM

You know I can't help you with that, but I got really scared it was your own bike... Hope you get it fixed.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CRFThumper

Posted March 13, 2006 - 10:05 AM

I'm graping at my heart now!SHHHHHHHH don't even think that!!!! :thumbsup:

• SureBlue

Posted March 13, 2006 - 10:09 AM

Right :thumbsup:
You don't need to remove the engine from frame to do the trans, try to find a local mech to whom you can take the whole bike. Good luck.

• CRFThumper

Posted March 13, 2006 - 02:56 PM

Really,dont the cases have to be split?

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.