Mostly street, spring rate different?

10 replies to this topic
  • MindBlower

Posted March 12, 2006 - 08:28 PM

Would I go stiffer than the 'charts' show for a recommended weight for dirt riding? Will be mostly street with hopefully an occasional dual sport ride. Would you go one step stiffer? I'm 230lbs.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted March 12, 2006 - 09:06 PM

You would want stiffer if you will be doing mostly street riding.

• HawkGT

Posted March 13, 2006 - 09:44 AM

I second that.

You may want to check in the Supermoto sub-forum and ask about this. Those guys prolly know lots about setting up dirtbikes for the street.

• MindBlower

Posted March 13, 2006 - 04:04 PM

I second that.

You may want to check in the Supermoto sub-forum and ask about this. Those guys prolly know lots about setting up dirtbikes for the street.

excellent idea! duh (me) :thumbsup:

• Porkfever

Posted March 13, 2006 - 07:41 PM

For street riding, try adding a few clicks to both the rebound & compression dampining front & rear before buying new springs. See if that helps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted March 13, 2006 - 08:39 PM

For street riding, try adding a few clicks to both the rebound & compression dampining front & rear before buying new springs. See if that helps.

Make sure on the rear you use a real mono spring tightener, a screw driver and a hammer is for dumb asses who wanna make their bikes look like shit.

• Supplicate

Posted March 13, 2006 - 09:08 PM

Make sure on the rear you use a real mono spring tightener, a screw driver and a hammer is for dumb asses who wanna make their bikes look like shit.

or for people that don't want to dissasemble their subframe to adjust their preload.

• adam574

Posted March 13, 2006 - 09:19 PM

how does that make a bike look like shit. i have been doing that ever since i started riding. i have also seen many many people use that tecnique at the track.

• weskc35k

Posted March 14, 2006 - 12:13 AM

You guys are playing in to his hands.

• Supplicate

Posted March 14, 2006 - 04:19 AM

You guys are playing in to his hands.

we've tried before.

and as has been stated before, if you can't beat em, join em :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• wr450fyamaha

Posted March 14, 2006 - 12:14 PM

or for people that don't want to dissasemble their subframe to adjust their preload.

Sometimes a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. It looks like a total dumb ass had the bike when there are massive indents in the preload rings because he didnt wanna buy a 13 dollar wrench or even take the time to rig one up for free. If you need to do it and do it fast, then I guess I can understand the screw driver hammer method.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 9 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 4 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.