Boyesen Quickshot installation on '03 YZ450F???

8 replies to this topic
  • JoeJoe03

Posted March 12, 2006 - 07:19 PM

Hey TT'ers,

I purchased a used quickshot in almost new condition but no instructions on how to install it. I tried searching for the installation online and on here for my '03 YZ450F, but no luck.....:thumbsup:

Have any of you guys installed a Quickshot on an '03 YZ450f??? Can you share some helpful information that would help me install this the correct way PLEASE????????

Thanks as always for your help. :thumbsup:

• jbrooks26

Posted March 12, 2006 - 08:04 PM

I believe it is a direct bolt on upgrade. Just pull the old AP cover off, and try not to mess up the gasket. Bolt the new one on and let it rip!! Hope this helps.

Josh

• JoeJoe03

Posted March 12, 2006 - 08:14 PM

Thanks Josh,

Sounds pretty darn easy to me. I hope it really is that easy man!

Does anyone know of a link where I can see a picture of this installed on an '03 YZ450f?

I must admit, although I know I will sound like a total moron.....I don't even know where the darn thing goes on the carb :thumbsup:

I just know that it is what I need!!!

• River4Life

Posted March 12, 2006 - 08:16 PM

i just installed one about a week ago on my 03 450. The best way would e to:

1. Remove the carb from the engine and drain all the fuel out of it.

2. Remove the three phillips head screws from the stock acc. pump cover on the bottom of the float bowl.

4. remove the stock cover from the bowl while the carb is upside down. leave the spring and center pin in their stock positions.

5. take the d ring (little black rubber washer) from the stock cover and put in the boyesen with the flat side of the d ring facing the cover and the rounded side facing the float bowl.

6. Place the boyesen cover over the spring on the diaphram and secure the screws.

7. i turned my low speed fuel screw out 1/4 to 1/2 (90 to 180 degrees) turn to enrich the fuel. (Boyesen recomended)

8. one last thing to check is if your timing screw is in its stock position which is 0.100" i didnt touch mine bc i have never messed with it so unless you have i wouldnt worry about it.

9. reinastall the carb.

i love my quick shot. the bike doesnt seem faster, but much quicker. there is no hesitation. roll on the throttle and expect response. hope this helps...the installs really a cake walk.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted March 12, 2006 - 08:17 PM

Pull the carb off, drain the gas out of it and flip it over, it goes on the bottom of the float bowl.

• jbrooks26

Posted March 12, 2006 - 08:20 PM

It will go on the bottom of the carb. It will be on the right hand side of the bike I believe. You should be able to tilt the carb enough to do it without removing the carb from the bike. The shape will be similar to the Boyesen only smaller. Here is a picture of it installed on a CRF carb. Same carb essentially. Hope this helps.

Josh

http://images.google...&hl=en&lr=&sa=N

• JoeJoe03

Posted March 12, 2006 - 08:41 PM

Dudes,

Thank you all very much.

You guys rock :thumbsup:

Everything is very helpful. I appreciate your time and help.

-Joe

• jecsr

Posted March 24, 2006 - 05:26 PM

i just installed one about a week ago on my 03 450. The best way would e to:

1. Remove the carb from the engine and drain all the fuel out of it.

2. Remove the three phillips head screws from the stock acc. pump cover on the bottom of the float bowl.

4. remove the stock cover from the bowl while the carb is upside down. leave the spring and center pin in their stock positions.

5. take the d ring (little black rubber washer) from the stock cover and put in the boyesen with the flat side of the d ring facing the cover and the rounded side facing the float bowl.

6. Place the boyesen cover over the spring on the diaphram and secure the screws.

7. i turned my low speed fuel screw out 1/4 to 1/2 (90 to 180 degrees) turn to enrich the fuel. (Boyesen recomended)

8. one last thing to check is if your timing screw is in its stock position which is 0.100" i didnt touch mine bc i have never messed with it so unless you have i wouldnt worry about it.

9. reinastall the carb.

i love my quick shot. the bike doesnt seem faster, but much quicker. there is no hesitation. roll on the throttle and expect response. hope this helps...the installs really a cake walk.

Does anyone know the stock setting for the low fuel screw ?
I installed a Boyesen Quick shot on my 04 450 and it seemed to idle very high, so I kept adusting the screw up and down and now I need to know how to set it back to stock. Has anyone else had a problem with an high idle ?

• River4Life

Posted March 25, 2006 - 07:45 PM

the stock setting is like 1 1/2-2 turns out. some where in there should work. but if its idling high adjust the idle screw untill it sounds just right.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  38 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.