Dual Sport rear blinkers

7 replies to this topic
  • One_Dollar

Posted October 02, 2001 - 01:39 AM

I read in an earlier post about someone mentioning rear turn signals that mount flush with the fender and don't stick out. I think he said Chaparrel has these.

Does anyone have a link to Chaparrel? I did a search and cannot find any motorcycle links with that name.

• *mike68*

Posted October 02, 2001 - 01:47 AM

Oooh, Craperral, yuck

• dhowell

Posted October 02, 2001 - 02:21 AM

chaparral-racing.com
lockhart also carries flush mounts.

• One_Dollar

Posted October 02, 2001 - 03:55 AM

Thanks dhowell, That is what I was looking for.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted October 02, 2001 - 09:39 PM

Your local bike shop will probably have them. I just bought a set of the 'carbon fiber' version for ~$19 from the local shop.

Brian

• Itsamre

Posted October 05, 2001 - 07:23 PM

The Lockhart's come in two styles: 1 is blinker only and 1 has blinker and tail lamps as well.

------------------
Mark...00 426 w/plates,and $4000.00 of other attachments!

• mcarp

Posted October 05, 2001 - 07:52 PM

I'm sure there are many more ways, but here's some options to consider.

1.)The flush mounted signals used for street bikes that you can just fit onto a WR fender--around $20-30 a pair. They are made for street use, so they're not going to survive many impacts without shattering them.
A friend tried these once on another bike--after one ride one bulb was shot, after the next ride (actually I think it was two rides-one crash) the lens broke after a little get-off. Don't be surprised if you keep breaking them, or if the electrics/bulbs go bad early. They come in white, black, black/chrome, carbon fiber (look), white or yellow lens, etc...

2.) junkyard XR-L, KLR, or TT-L signals. DR-S's don't flex enough. Use large washers to secure to fenter. Sure, they stick out, and could brake, but are more flexible/tough than they appear. New--$100/pr 2, used 98-99 from boneyard $30/pr. Shouldn't have probs w/ electrical shorts or low bulb life.

3.) UFO makes a complete assembly that is designed to fit on a motocross (YZ) fender. $70 I think,maybe a little higher. Black plastic holding built in flush turn signals, rear brake/tail light with license plate mount.
Dunno about quality/value--never seen one, just in the Chapparrel or Dennis Kirk catalog (2001). looks pretty cool, and they have matching front handguards with integral turn signals-of course they are like $90!!!

Good luck in your hunt, let us know how it goes! Again, I'm sure there are other options. Perhaps there is a tough flush-mount available that may suite you. I wonder if you could make your own lexan lens? Posted Image

• hodaphile

Posted October 06, 2001 - 08:00 AM

I and several friends have been using the Lockhart street bike ones for quite a while and haven't had any problems with the lights. There have been som probs with wires yanking loose but I think that was due to hurried mounting and putting them into a lousy spot.

One thing though. In very few cases are they totally legal. Here in Calif, there is a prescribed distance between the two lights. We were able to get that on an older WR400 but on my KTM they are not far enough apart. That said, I have never been stopped. But I don't puh my luck and ride as little as possible on the street.

You should be able to get the lights through any shop.

------------------
aka Rich
1996 300 EXC
(dual sported)
1987 Suzuki LT250R
(Glamis chrome beast)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.