WR400 CDI units. All the same?

5 replies to this topic
  • chancho196

Posted March 12, 2006 - 01:43 AM

Hi folks, hopefully somebody can help me out. I need a CDI unit on my 2000 WR400 and have been offered one from a '98 '99 model. Are they all the same? Any help would be muchly appreciated. :thumbsup:

• WR_Dave

Posted March 12, 2006 - 07:30 AM

I just checked the www.mtracing.com website and the listings for the vortex ignitions suggests that the CDI units are the same for '98-01 WR's but you may want to call them to comfirm the info. WR Dave.

• chancho196

Posted March 14, 2006 - 12:25 AM

Thanks Dave

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • C-ya

Posted March 14, 2006 - 05:06 PM

Go to www.powersportspro.com and sign up to use their "Parts Fish". I use it quite often even tho I have parts manuals for my bikes (like now!). I looked up a CDI unit for the '99 and '00 WR400, and they have different part numbers from Yamaha. Dunno what the difference is, but apparently Yamaha decided to make 2 different ones.

• chancho196

Posted March 22, 2006 - 01:27 PM

Cheers C-ya, I've actually got one off a 1999 model and it seems to run fine now. I'll see what it's like out on the trail. Very often we find on cars that different models have the same part but numbered differently. Hopefully this is the case! :thumbsup:

• C-ya

Posted March 22, 2006 - 10:10 PM

on cars that different models have the same part but numbered differently.

Yes, I've dealt with that as well. It's kind of like a date stamp, I think.

Glad it's working so far.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.