rekluse probs

3 replies to this topic
  • kbryant3399

Posted March 11, 2006 - 09:04 PM

Hey all,
I just installed the perch adj on my bike. I am having a couple of probs. And YES i did do a search. It seems that i cant find the sweet middle when setting up. I am either creeping in gear, or the clutch is not disengaging when pulled. It also seems that the reaction time is not very quick. For instance, i will let out the handle and it takes a second for it to engage. Please help and remember, a pic is worht a thousand words. SO please post em. And im not sure whats going on internally since i bought the bike with the clutch with the external adj. Thanx. and i am in boise, do you think the pals at rekluse could show me what to do right if i cant get it right? Again, thanx
Keith

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted March 11, 2006 - 11:51 PM

The first thing I would do is check the gap specs for your model. A search or a call to rekluse will get you the proper specs. It sounds like that is the problem. That is where I would start, if thats not it, there will be lots of advise on where to go next. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Derik Tate

Posted March 12, 2006 - 07:31 PM

Make sure that you set the perch adjuster to its specs. It took me a few tries to finally get it right. Which spring you use will set how fast it engages. Make sure you check gap after break in. :thumbsup:

• kbryant3399

Posted March 12, 2006 - 09:43 PM

well i took it on a ride today......and i think i got it, almost. One thing i am really not liking is that it is either on or off. I cant seem to "ride" the clutch and when i pull it in to rev out of a corner, it isnt very consistent on when it engages, but that could just be me. I got a whole week of riding ahead of me, so ill get it all dialed in, if i dont fry the clutch first :thumbsup: . One thing I am really liking is i can idle when peds walk by on the trail and also when i am going down technical stuff. Anyways, peace

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.