Steering dampner

10 replies to this topic
  • madharvic

Posted March 11, 2006 - 03:35 PM

I would like to know what a steering dampner supposed to do? I am a trail rider and I have a 03 YZ450F.

• Fizz

Posted March 11, 2006 - 04:08 PM

(i´m pretty drunk when writing this, if i´m totally wrong, you know why..)

to put it simple, a bike who is set up to turn easily will get pretty nervous at higher speed, and a bike thats set up to handle higher speeds is hard to turn ....

it all has to do with the angle of the fork, and the advance (if that what its called?) ...

a steering dampener reduces the jerking in the bar, and makes the bike less nervous at higher speeds .....

• Beejay

Posted March 12, 2006 - 05:12 AM

Damper not dampner or dampener.
Like a steering "shock absorber"

• SureBlue

Posted March 12, 2006 - 05:18 AM

or like a steering stabilizer :thumbsup:

• yzf450jack

Posted March 12, 2006 - 01:00 PM

When trail riding and if you hit a rock or tree it won't make you crash :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Idaho_Stas

Posted March 15, 2006 - 10:33 PM

When trail riding and if you hit a rock or tree it won't make you crash :thumbsup:

Wow!!! That's an impressive claim. I've got to get me one of them. :thumbsup:

• bg10459

Posted March 16, 2006 - 11:44 AM

Damper not dampner or dampener.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thank you, that drives me crazy

dampening [/I] is to wet something.
:bonk:

• Fizz

Posted March 16, 2006 - 01:01 PM

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thank you, that drives me crazy

bet you writes worse in swedish than i do in english .. :bonk:

• bg10459

Posted March 16, 2006 - 02:38 PM

bet you writes worse in swedish than i do in english .. :confused:

en ol tac. That's about the extent of my Swedish,... and I probably didn't spell it right either. :thumbsup: I make it a point to know the essentials when I travel, though. :bonk:

But my comment wasn't directed at you, per se. (I didn't even notice you were from Sweden) It just happens to be a very common error, not just among foreigners (aren't I a foreigner to you?) or even TTers. Since my early teens I can remember people talking about the "harmonic dampener" on cars.

Anyway, that quote was actually stolen from another recent post. :thumbsup:

• SureBlue

Posted March 16, 2006 - 08:05 PM

A dampener is a moisturizer :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• madharvic

Posted January 06, 2008 - 06:39 PM

My son and I do alot of trail riding and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a good two way radio system that is out there that you would suggest?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.