Best price for radiator?

10 replies to this topic
  • brianjw4

Posted March 11, 2006 - 11:35 AM

Well I smashed in my left side radiator on my 03 WR 450 and I thought it was OK until I noticed the smallest amount of seepage at the top. So who has the best price out there for a new one?

• JVP

Posted March 11, 2006 - 01:02 PM

If you are in California, contact Fontana Radiator. They can repair it for a lot cheaper than buying a new one. I have an 98 WR250 with both radiators smashed up and it only cost $150 to straighten and repair. You can ship it to them and they will ship it back. Very reasonable. :thumbsup:

• brianjw4

Posted March 11, 2006 - 02:47 PM

Thanks, I'll check into that.

• 642MX

Posted March 11, 2006 - 03:42 PM

The TT store would be the cheapest for an OEM radiator.

• snakesausage

Posted March 11, 2006 - 05:07 PM

Straighten it yourself mark the leak and take it to your local aluminum welder. I have done mine this way twice in the last two months for $20 a pop. Coincidentally my Unabiker radiator guards came in today!!! I was running without guards before so maybe I have made my last trip to the welders.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Doug kirkpatrick

Posted March 11, 2006 - 07:56 PM

I had Myler's straighten mine and it was only $35. Great job and turned it around the same day. 1-800-367-7600 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Matty05

Posted March 11, 2006 - 09:55 PM

Well I smashed in my left side radiator on my 03 WR 450 and I thought it was OK until I noticed the smallest amount of seepage at the top. So who has the best price out there for a new one?

If you can find where it is leaking, empity your coolant, clean the area and put some of the high temp silicone where it is leaking. The silicone will adhere exellent to the radiator, flex when needed.

I can give you some pice of mine if you like. It is holding up nicely.

This is a dodgy way to do it, take it in and get it fixed would be the best way, It is not really an option for me at the moment.

• Few

Posted March 12, 2006 - 06:41 AM

Coincidentally my Unabiker radiator guards came in today!!! I was running without guards before so maybe I have made my last trip to the welders.

I orderd my Unabiker RG's Friday from TT :thumbsup: , now I shouldn't have to meet my local radiator welder for a while. :thumbsup:

• SJMC_DON

Posted March 12, 2006 - 08:27 AM

DO NOT BY AN OEM REPLACEMENT!!! If you can't get it repaired, call up TT and order a set of Fluidynes. An OEM piece of $hit will run you about $300 per side :bonk: You can get a set of Fluidynes (R and L) from TT for just over $400 and if it's your first time ordering from TT you'll get an additional 10% or 15% off I think :thumbsup: They are way beefier than the OEM, will transfer heat better and you can do like I did and sell your used right side for $150.00 all day on e-bay or TT classififeds :thumbsup:

Good Luck :bonk:

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted March 12, 2006 - 12:00 PM

I will second Mylers. www.motorcycleradiators.com
Jim

• Pooley

Posted March 15, 2006 - 12:13 PM

DO NOT BY AN OEM REPLACEMENT!!! If you can't get it repaired, call up TT and order a set of Fluidynes. An OEM piece of $hit will run you about $300 per side :bonk: You can get a set of Fluidynes (R and L) from TT for just over $400 and if it's your first time ordering from TT you'll get an additional 10% or 15% off I think :thumbsup: They are way beefier than the OEM, will transfer heat better and you can do like I did and sell your used right side for $150.00 all day on e-bay or TT classififeds :thumbsup:

Good Luck :confused:

Looked at the TT store and they are for ATV's not motorcycles. Look at the following link and then see if TT can get them. http://www.fluidynep...om/offroad.html

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.