Flooding Problems, YZ 426

3 replies to this topic
  • Jeff Richardson

Posted March 11, 2006 - 04:01 AM

Hi everyone, I have a 2001 YZ 426 that I have some carb flooding problems with. Symptoms are as follows:
-If I cut the engine, after about a minute, fuel comes out of one of the overflow tubes from the carb.
- If this happens, I need to kick the bike over about 50 times in order to clear it prior to it starting.

Things I've done to rectify the situation are:
-Changed the float level to reduce the amount of fuel being put into the carb.
-Used some grinding paste to get the fit with the needle valve as snug as possible.

Neither of these had any effect. Any suggestions? Cheers.

• henrysdad

Posted March 11, 2006 - 04:42 AM

I personally would replace the fuel needle and seat assy with new. have you tried shutting off the fuel tap a minute before stopping the motor? My bike Will go a 1/2mile or more with the fuel tap off.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 11, 2006 - 08:13 AM

HD is right. The float needle and seat are at the very least dirty enough that they won't seal. They probably need replacement, but you might be able to clean them up. At the $40 the set costs these days, it's more worthwhile trying.

• laserracer

Posted June 30, 2008 - 11:29 AM

mine use to do the same, theres an o ring around the float bowl needle seat you have to remove the brass seat so have to undo the small screw that holds it in (GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ONE )take out the brass seat and around the outside of the seat is a rubber o ring, mine was that stuffed it looked and felt like plastic , you can get one from most hardware stores, and you may have to use something soft to punch the seat back in as with the new o ring it will be a tight fit, bike now doesnt leak a drop of gas and seems to start better. Probably pay to check the needle and seat first like the other guys have said but if they are ok i bet you its that o ring. hell $40 for a needle and seat isnt to bad here in newzealand they wanted $104 nz dollars for the needle and seat :thumbsup: thank god it was only a 50 cent o ring
cheers Dave

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.