PMB insert or FMF q2

1 reply to this topic
  • XRYoda

Posted March 11, 2006 - 12:01 AM

I jsut got a new 06 wr450f. I would like to know if there is much diference in power between the PMB insert or the FMFq2 muffler. Anyone use both? I will be buying one or the other soon, and dont want to waste my money if there is not much difference.

Thanks!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • OneToGo

Posted March 11, 2006 - 01:00 AM

Hi,
There has been quite a bit of debate about exhausts THIS and exhausts THAT on this and probably other Forums as well - understandably as it seems to be one of the first items that incurs, along with suspension, the Big $ $pending!- you might wish to run a search and scan past comments on this matter:

I jsut got a new 06 wr450f. I would like to know if there is much diference in power between the PMB insert or the FMFq2 muffler. Anyone use both? I will be buying one or the other soon, and dont want to waste my money if there is not much difference.

Thanks!!

As a rough guide for WRs see the folllowing from the FMF website (you did say you were looking at a Q2!): Have a look at the Dyno graphs for 03WRs...you could dispute thay are not applicable for later models - but its the only quoted figs. I can find.

http://www.fmfracing...oroom.asp#yam18
FMF Racing

Some other TT members may be able to provide more accurate data. You can see - not much difference, at least for the 03 Model! (it compares Q2 with Typical insert)
As for noise, I think the PMB and Q2 are probably similar - close anyway. Both should be under 96Db if that is and issue.
As for price - well you know this. TT will give you a good deal on whatever you buy - they have the 110% price garantee - ALWAYS cheaper than other internet suppliers! I have used it - it works.
IMHO? get the PMB, setup your bike (everything else, search www.thumperfaq.com) , then if you get tired and want a new pipe - go for it!
Enjoy TT, and the bike, good choice, my .02
Colin
:thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.