Modified AIS Removal

3 replies to this topic
  • dl19

Posted March 10, 2006 - 11:41 PM

Just getting my 05 finished up. Why can't a guy simply cut the small and large rubber hose and plug those? I am going to re-jet with a kit anyway, so it does not make sense to buy a "AIS Removal" kit just for plugs. Yes there would still be that ugly metal tubing visible.

• odonnks

Posted March 11, 2006 - 03:53 AM

You could, It just won't be as clean a removal.
I thought about doing teh same but got the TT kit and used it. It worked well.

Keep in mind - The Air Injection System pumps air into the exhaust. If there is nothing going in, the exhaust will try to flow out. That tube will get hot !

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • timcook

Posted March 11, 2006 - 08:42 AM

My AIS removal only required a black rubber cap for the vacuum port. To plug the exhaust pipe I cut the AIS tube back to about one inch short and TIG welded the end shut. The rest of the AIS valve and hardware was then removed. But, that was before a "kit" was available here @ the TT store.

• dl19

Posted March 11, 2006 - 09:55 PM

I cut the tube off near the clamp, and brazed a solid rod into place. Does not look that bad, and I can easily remove it if needed. I went with a vacume plug on the small hose. Not perfect, but could have been worse.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.