Daytona Supercross

22 replies to this topic
  • camaro345

Posted March 10, 2006 - 09:29 PM

First off, thumbs up to Ricky for the win. But was that not an unbelievable performance from Chad Reed getting second in the main after he seperated his shoulder yesterday!! That guy is tough and doesn't quit. :thumbsup:

• Matty05

Posted March 10, 2006 - 09:43 PM

It is crap how they gave the cheater his points back after he cried........

• camaro345

Posted March 10, 2006 - 09:49 PM

Yeah that was crap, he gets what he wants I guess. :thumbsup:

• WildRide

Posted March 10, 2006 - 10:18 PM

That must be the reason he has won so many races in his career, yeah, yeah, that's it. He has been cheating all along and is just an average rider who does not deserve the prestige of two perfect seasons riding on two different brands. No one else has ever had a perfect season let alone two, he must be cheating to win that many times. Man, can I get some of that gas?

• RedRider250X

Posted March 10, 2006 - 10:27 PM

Bubba's crash looked bad :thumbsup:

• camaro345

Posted March 10, 2006 - 10:29 PM

I didn't say anything about not being a phenominal rider, he just got penalized (like many other riders have) but got his points back somehow (unlike any other rider that has been penalized for such acts)??

• WildRide

Posted March 10, 2006 - 10:47 PM

It would be like slapping Michael Jordon with a season killing penalty for something that would had virtually no bearing on the outcome of the season. From what I have read anyway, the lead content was so miniscule that it passed FIM test but not AMAs. I don't think the reversal had so much to do with Ricky complaint as AMA re-thinking and deciding not to kill their ticket sales and TV revenues during their potentially most exciting/lucrative/competitive seasons maybe ever in the history of the sport. Just look at Barry Bonds and the stuff he does and gets away with, Ricky looks like a saint by comparison. It is just entertainment after all, we are the ones who really carry the "sport".

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted March 10, 2006 - 10:52 PM

Yeah, Chad looked like he was in serious pain during his post race interview. He is a stud. So is Ricky, I'm not a RC fan, but he is damn fast. I was actually glad to see him lap Bubbles. :thumbsup:

• camaro345

Posted March 10, 2006 - 10:53 PM

I agree 100% wildride. Yeah, Ricky is very fast. Hopefully Reed can heal well enough to be in contention to keep a very exciting points race to the end of the season. This is definatly the most exciting and entertaining supercross season I have ever seen.

• cr250224

Posted March 10, 2006 - 10:58 PM

The GOAT came out on top again! Glad to see JS walk from that crash....MAN!

And if Reed had to take the needle tonight....that separation must be pretty serious. I wonder if he'll take the needle next week too. Given that fact that RC has him covered...it may not be worth the risk. Only CR can decide that though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • camaro345

Posted March 10, 2006 - 11:01 PM

Yeah, Stewarts wreck looked really bad, I thought that might be a wreck he might not have been able to walk away from, let alone finish the race.

• Matty05

Posted March 11, 2006 - 10:44 PM

That must be the reason he has won so many races in his career, yeah, yeah, that's it. He has been cheating all along and is just an average rider who does not deserve the prestige of two perfect seasons riding on two different brands. No one else has ever had a perfect season let alone two, he must be cheating to win that many times. Man, can I get some of that gas?

So you are saying that Carmichael shouldn't get penalized for breaking the rules?
No one questioned his talent....... which is more that you and me put together x 10.

Bubba, Reed, Byrne have all been penalized in the past for fuel.

Suzuki still got fined $20K, so they were guilty enough for that!

Damn AMA, make the rules up as they please to make sure an American wins.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted March 11, 2006 - 11:45 PM

Damn AMA, make the rules up as they please to make sure an American wins.

Dude I think its bullshit too. But do you really think its about keeping an Assuie from winning. Come on dude, get real. I am a huge CR fan, and I think the AMA wants to see RC win too, but its not an anti Australia thing. No one I know or have ever heard of has any problem at all with an Australian winning here. You guys make that shit up, like we Americans cant handle it. Get over it man. Hell, I dont even consider them foriegners(sp). Its like Canandians, we are all the same. Now if you were talking about the French, well thats a different story. :thumbsup: :bonk: Look at all of our major sports, we have stars from lots of other countries that are embraced here. Its just not like that. Not trying to flame you at all. Just trying to point out that Chad is very popular here. Lots of people love him. It is not an "Us against Them" thing like the Olympics(gay) or something, at least not with me or anyone I know. Laters, BnB. :thumbsup:

• Matty05

Posted March 12, 2006 - 03:21 AM

It seems all Americans love Carmichael, nothing wrong with that.
He was guilty, he cried, they gave his points back. They still fined him for being guilty.

How do you explain the situation?
Don't worry, I would be just as pissed off if all this happened to Reed, although I highly doubt it they would have given him his points back.

You can see the telecast of the races (at least what we see here anyway) all they show is Bubba and Carmichael. Even when Reedy is winning. Make a point of noticing it next time you watch.

My conspiracy theory anyway.....

• scottmotox

Posted March 12, 2006 - 04:57 AM

RC did not cheat. hell, he's riding faster now than before when he supposingly had the "wrong" fuel

• TARFELE

Posted March 12, 2006 - 08:17 AM

It seems all Americans love Carmichael, nothing wrong with that.
He was guilty, he cried, they gave his points back. They still fined him for being guilty.

How do you explain the situation?
Don't worry, I would be just as pissed off if all this happened to Reed, although I highly doubt it they would have given him his points back.

You can see the telecast of the races (at least what we see here anyway) all they show is Bubba and Carmichael. Even when Reedy is winning. Make a point of noticing it next time you watch.

My conspiracy theory anyway.....

Matty, I would love to see Chad Reed win another title but he does not have the speed that BluBBA and RC have and I don't think it has anything to do with the bike.
Why would anyone follow the #3 guy when the action is always between #1 and #2. The points mean nothing to me it is who are the two fastest guys. Think about it why would the cameras or the announcers follow someone like Jeff Dement??? NOT interesting!

• Lowedog

Posted March 12, 2006 - 09:41 AM

Matty, c'mon man, conspiracy? Most guys I know would love to see Reed win it. The politics of it are the AMA is trying to sell tickets. At $75 + for a ticket they have to keep things interesting. I was going to take my kids to the Seattle SX but at that price I'm out! Last year I payed like $40.00 for a ticket.

All Reed has to do is beat Ricky a couple times :thumbsup:

-Lowedog

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted March 12, 2006 - 10:02 AM

Matty, I have noticed that about Chad,even when he is winning they dont show him much, but alot of that is because he has checked out and there is a race for second or something. I pisses me off too. They do show RC more when he is checked out, and they should keep a camera on JS cause no one wants to miss a crash. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I see your point buddy, I just wanted to point out its not an anti Aussie thing, at least not in my opinion. Go Chad!!!!

• WildRide

Posted March 12, 2006 - 10:26 AM

Matty, c'mon man, conspiracy? Most guys I know would love to see Reed win it. The politics of it are the AMA is trying to sell tickets. At $75 + for a ticket they have to keep things interesting.
-Lowedog

BINGO!! AMA sees $$$$, they would just be shooting themselves in the foot otherwise.

• fershy

Posted March 12, 2006 - 11:01 AM

What was the word on Pastrana? He qualified for the main, but I did not see him start. Maybe he was feeling the effects of that blitzkreig whoop pass for the lead in his heat race. What was the official word?
fershy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.