Rear Shock

1 reply to this topic
  • camaro345

Posted March 10, 2006 - 08:05 PM

My 2003 WR450F rear shock is leaking just a little bit of oil, it only leaks after it sits from riding, and it doesn't start to leak for a couple days after riding. I have never had the nitrogen recharged and I think it could use it. I have heard that sometimes a shock will leak if the nitrogen isn't at the correct pressure. Can anyone tell me if this is true?? Also, how often should the nitrogen be recharged?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mtrablue

Posted March 10, 2006 - 09:58 PM

it's good to have the nitrogen pressure checked/recharged once a year. any shop should be able to do it. i don't know the psi, i just hand it to the mechanic and he hands it back when he's done. any yamaha dealer will know the psi. to be honest we should have the shock rebuilt (oil change) every year but i don't know any nonracers that do. as far as the oil leak goes, it's time for that rebuild. it should not leak, period.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.