flywheel ?

2 replies to this topic
  • alfa

Posted March 10, 2006 - 02:51 PM

I was wondering if anyone has put a lighter flywheel on their WR 450. Is the YZ interchangable with the WR, or is there a lighter aftermaket one? I have done all of the free mods, and went up one tooth on the rear.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncmountainman

Posted March 10, 2006 - 03:23 PM

the 03-05 wr have reverse setup than the 03-05 yz (stator is in the outer case on the wr;inside towards the motor on the yz) i've heard that the 06 yz is now setup like the wr's but its highly unlikely they are interchangeable :thumbsup: i've seen no aftermarket lighter ones and its a stamped steel kinda thing that would not do well turning it down on a lathe. you could remove the starter and crap allowing you to remove starter gear and starter clutch assmbly like i did to my 04,both the 13 lb weight reduction and the lighter FW effect were noticeable :thumbsup:

• alfa

Posted March 10, 2006 - 03:28 PM

Is there someone that sells lighter flywheels for the WR.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.