FMF $300 Powercore muffler/exhaust came?

3 replies to this topic
  • TWILES

Posted March 10, 2006 - 10:27 AM

$300 seems awful cheap for a muffler that is Titainium compared to the rest that are out there. On the other hand that is great that you can get a Titainuim muffler for $300. I saw it in the 2006 Parts Unlimited book this morning. We are tearing into mine next week and I saw that the exhaust cam is retarded one tooth on the WR compared to the YZ. I'm racing the bike so I want it to haul. Anyone retarded their cam and liked the way it did. I'm racing in the woods so I think it would be better left alone but if it will help the bike I'l change it. The free mods were done by me yesterday. It runs better. Now I'm looking for more power. You guys that race your's, give me some ideas.

• Flaminchiten1967

Posted March 10, 2006 - 10:50 AM

Do not retard the cam on your 05 WR. The auto decomp pin will not line up properly and your bike will not start. You will need to order a YZ cam or aftermarket cam if this is what you wish to do.

The TI is pretty cheap, I got mine through rockymountainatv for 269.99 with free shipping. Some have reported that the material is pretty thin and the can will get dented easily.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TWILES

Posted March 10, 2006 - 10:57 AM

Do not retard the cam on your 05 WR. The auto decomp pin will not line up properly and your bike will not start. You will need to order a YZ cam or aftermarket cam if this is what you wish to do.

The TI is pretty cheap, I got mine through rockymountainatv for 269.99 with free shipping. Some have reported that the material is pretty thin and the can will get dented easily.

Can you not use that plug for the decompression and just do away with it on the cam? Some of the YFZ guys are doing that when they change their cam timing. Let me know what you think about that pipe. :thumbsup:

• freestyle250

Posted March 10, 2006 - 03:30 PM

put my powercore on last week. i only have around the neighborhood rides to speak of so far. but there is a noticible power increase from mid range to the power band. i am very pleased with it thus far, but ill find out tomorrow for sure hopefully. if it doesnt rain that is.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.