ICO Checkmate mounting pictures?

4 replies to this topic
  • maddawg23

Posted March 09, 2006 - 07:59 PM

I just got a Checkmate for our BRP Baja bike and I'm NOT stoked with the supplied mounting instructions. Grainy, poor pictures and insufficient directions. Can anyone help me out on mounting one of these to an XR650R (pictures would be especially helpful)?

• maddawg23

Posted March 09, 2006 - 09:28 PM

After examining things further, I think I'm going to drill and tap a hole in the brake caliper mount between the calipers and the fork tube, then just thread the sensor wire in there. That's how I've mounted many Watchdog computers and it seems to work well. Any advice on mounting that magnet?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • maddawg23

Posted March 25, 2006 - 03:20 PM

OK, the instructions say NOT to mount the magnet to the disc brake, so it looks like the above plan won't work. Does anybody have a Checkmate on the 650? How did you mount the sensor wire and magnet?

• Kritter

Posted March 25, 2006 - 03:31 PM

Get a bolt from zip ty racing that replaces the factory rotor bolt. The reason they tell you NOT to epoxy it to the hub is that some idiot will try to remove it some day ruining the hub. You epoxy the magnet to a small piece of metal and then mount that to the hub so its removable.

I still say use a bolt from zip ty...it was 12 bucks I think. As for the mounting of the unit itself, use the bitchen mount from scotts or BRP if you are not going to whip up your own. the one that comes with them with the two aluminum brackets is a pile and offers no protection.

• maddawg23

Posted March 26, 2006 - 07:36 PM

Kritter, do you have one mounted on a 650 (or have you seen it done)? What method was used to mount the sensor wire so that it would pick up the magnet (where specifically was it mounted). That little generic mounting bracket they give you seems hokey.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.