1988ish xr600r oil change

4 replies to this topic
  • YoungGunXR

Posted March 09, 2006 - 07:41 PM

Hey my buddy just pick up a xr600r the other day and Im going to do a oil change for him on it. The thing is, we do not know the year. Im guesing around 1988 and up. When did they change the xr600 so that the amount of oil you have is differnt. I was wondering how much oil do I need to put in with an oil and oil filter change. The bike did not come with a manual so I do not know the specs. Also if someone could tell me what to gap a new spark plug that would be great as the guy he bought the bike from said he never changed the spark plug. Thanks for any help.

• XRsteve

Posted March 09, 2006 - 07:52 PM

Find out what year it is. There should be a tag on the frame between the triple clamps. If there isn't a tag, it probably has the VIN number stamped in the frame. Take the info to your local Honda dealer and ask them about oil and the sparkplug. They usually can look that up pretty quick.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YoungGunXR

Posted March 09, 2006 - 08:06 PM

It doesnt have the tag and the vin number is prob scratched out as the bike was stolen from the original owner. Then the bike was returned to the owner and my friend then bought it for $450. Sorry for the lack of info. I just tested the bike out when he bought it and it seem to run really strong. Just trying to get it ready so he can really test it out this weekend. Thanks

• cleonard

Posted March 10, 2006 - 12:14 AM

I though that they were all about 2 quarts. Just put in 1 1/2 quarts run it a bit, and then top off.

• don87xr600

Posted March 10, 2006 - 08:17 AM

all xr 600's take the same amount 2 liters or 2.1 gallons.

Related Content

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.