650L plastics

11 replies to this topic
  • Muddin

Posted March 09, 2006 - 05:21 PM

:thumbsup: :bonk: :thumbsup: Just bought a 2006 XR650L a week ago. Finally found a skid plate that didn't look like a maxi-pad, but having problem finding guard for shocks and disc. Not much out their for 650L body upgrades. Anyone know where to get some 650L plastic and decals?

• goblin127

Posted March 09, 2006 - 09:20 PM

XRs only has tank and seat graffics I think. Also I think some people have used fork and disc prottectors from a xr400.

• rkuckkahn

Posted March 10, 2006 - 07:09 AM

I got some nice generic graphics at motosport.com

• Muddin

Posted March 10, 2006 - 09:05 AM

motosport.com has lots of nice stuff but they don't ship to Canada? But I did find front disk cover at Malcolm Smith Motorsports.

• ewbish

Posted March 10, 2006 - 09:50 AM

I've bought graphics and plastic for the 600R and they fit my L. Actually, I've bought quite a bit of 600R stuff that's fit my L. XR's only has disc quards for it, but no graphics (listed on their website anyway). Mostly I buy my stuff off Ebay.

I got a DG Skid plate off Ebay as well, as well as my WBE2 pipe. I don't use fork guards, but am slowly collecting all the parts to put a CR125 front end on my L, when that's done I'll use fork guards on the USD forks, they aren't really that important on conventional forks, the rubber boots due just fine.

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted March 10, 2006 - 09:58 AM

I think Summers Racing Components has fork guards for the L. I recall seeing them somewhere, I'm pretty sure it was there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • goblin127

Posted March 10, 2006 - 10:00 AM

I'm pretty sure I saw the graffics at XRs only. Of course it had there logo on it.

• ewbish

Posted March 10, 2006 - 11:48 AM

I'm pretty sure I saw the graffics at XRs only. Of course it had there logo on it.

Who knows what they have any given time. I was trying to find graphics for my L from them a while back, and all they had was 650R graphics. I ended up picking up an IMS tank anyway, and thus ditched the fake rad shrouds, so I went with 600R graphics which fit fine.

• Muddin

Posted March 10, 2006 - 01:18 PM

Malcolm Smith Motorsports also say they don't ship to Canada either. Man it's hard for us canadians to get parts.

• Ferdinand

Posted March 11, 2006 - 01:53 AM

what years of 600r will work for xr650l any idea? (plastic etc) 1991?

• PJinSB

Posted March 14, 2006 - 04:38 AM

Try BikeBandit.com. They are expensive, but they have it all...

• Motosprtman

Posted March 15, 2006 - 07:25 AM

I had to cancel an order with them becuase they could not find the parts. (jets) so go figure...

Related Content

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  40 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.