Tips or Suggestion before installing my Boyesen Quickshot

10 replies to this topic
  • Drfletcherdc

Posted March 09, 2006 - 05:02 PM

Just got my quickshot today for my 06 450 and want to know if anyone found short cuts or just an easier way of doing it. Also if there is anything to watch out for... not a mechanic but play one in my garage.

• YamahaThumper

Posted March 09, 2006 - 08:13 PM

Im pretty sure its straight forward...drain the gas out of the carb...loosen the thingys on the motor intake and air boot and twist the carb so the bottom is facing you.

• gdbarr1976

Posted March 09, 2006 - 08:19 PM

I put one on my 06. Had to pull the shock to get to it. I am sure someone will say there is a easier way but I can't figure it. It does work though!

• SureBlue

Posted March 09, 2006 - 08:26 PM

and remove the hotstart from carb, also it helps to disconnect the TPS cable connction under the tank as the cable is tight. When you have the hotstart removed, put some grease in it to prevent it from getting corroded. Be careful with the plastic threading.

• DirtCheapJohn

Posted March 09, 2006 - 08:31 PM

A #40 or #42 leak jet may help out too...

I know it did on earlier models, don't know about the '06.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncmountainman

Posted March 10, 2006 - 06:01 AM

be careful with the little screws,i think yamaha used plastic to make them. i replaced mine with allen heads :thumbsup:

• devo1

Posted March 10, 2006 - 07:13 AM

There is one o-ring that is flat on one side and round on the other side. Make sure the flat side faces the quickshot.

• DPW

Posted March 10, 2006 - 07:58 AM

be careful with the little screws,i think yamaha used plastic to make them. i replaced mine with allen heads :thumbsup:

'06 now has allen heads on the bowl....just a FYI..
:thumbsup:

• HFD267

Posted March 10, 2006 - 08:05 AM

I did it without removing the rear shock but if I had to do it again, I'd remove the shock. It only takes a few minutes but can save alot of time if things don't go back together easily.

• ncmountainman

Posted March 10, 2006 - 09:41 AM

'06 now has allen heads on the bowl....just a FYI..
:thumbsup:

good deal,now everyone can just look up the part #'s for 06 and get a set :thumbsup:

• Drfletcherdc

Posted March 11, 2006 - 03:24 PM

I was wondering after installing the quickshot, where was most people setting their pilot screw?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.