anyone have spare pilot air screw?

4 replies to this topic
  • s.c.rider

Posted October 01, 2001 - 12:16 PM

My pilot air screw assembly vibrated out yesterday and the shop wants $25 and 7 days for a new one.
Thought I'd check to see if anybody has one they'd get rid of before I ordered.

• BlueThunder

Posted October 01, 2001 - 01:52 PM

S.C....are you positive you are missing the pilot fuel screw? Have you actually had the carb out and looked into the hole that it's located in? Only reason I ask is that I read your "temp change" post and am wondering if you know that the screw is recessed into the hole on the bottom of the carb. Very hard to see if the carb is mounted and not turned with the bottom out to adjust the screw. A brass screw threaded into an alum. bodied carb(or possibly zinc?),
mounted on rubber boots front and rear is not a likely candidate to vibrate out too easily. Not trying to sound patronizing, jusy hoping to save you some grief.....the screw might be there. Check out www.koubalink.com/fuelscrew.html, regardless, for fast and simple adjustments to the pilot fuel screw.
Hope this may help you out.

------------------
Y2K WR400FM,Answer top tree w/Accu-Trax clamp,Pro-Tapers(CR-Hi w/ EE handguards),Devol Rad. & frame guards, Guts tall soft foam w/ ballistic cover, 14/52 w/DID VM X-Ring, Kouba-T,Michelin M-12's ft.& rr.,12 oz. flywheel weight, Zip-Ty Racing Link & Shark Fin, Cycra front rotor guard and T.M. Designworks Chain guide, buffer & chain wheels. Street legal except for the non-"DOT" tires.

[This message has been edited by BlueThunder (edited October 01, 2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scott_F

Posted October 02, 2001 - 04:29 AM

I have one I can mail to you.

• s.c.rider

Posted October 02, 2001 - 05:17 AM

Yea I'm sure it's the pilot screw, even took off the bowl. I can see the threads it screws into. I guess I just turned too far out or something.
ScottF, that would be great.
my e-mail is: bstegr@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by s.c.rider (edited October 02, 2001).]

• The_Missile

Posted October 02, 2001 - 10:01 AM

E-Mailing a T-Handle. This I gotta 'see'. You've been watching "the fly" too often :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.