Yz450f rear sprocket probs

6 replies to this topic
  • boyonblue52

Posted March 09, 2006 - 10:29 AM

A my freind has a 2003 yz450f...the same bike as mine and he has had problems lately and in the past where he would sheer the rear sprocket bolts right off! He has tried thread lock and everything but every once in a while he will sheer them off. He rides the bike like a pro...and does pretty well and so i was wondering if there would be a solution to this or if anyone has had the same problems

• xtreme165

Posted March 09, 2006 - 10:34 AM

Replace all the YZF sproket bolts with CRF sproket bolts and nuts. My 03 had and alot of other's on newer YZF have had the same problem which usually results in a destroyed hub. So go get some CRF sproket bolts and and get rid of the stock ones asap!

• aford541

Posted March 09, 2006 - 09:02 PM

A my freind has a 2003 yz450f...the same bike as mine and he has had problems lately and in the past where he would sheer the rear sprocket bolts right off! He has tried thread lock and everything but every once in a while he will sheer them off. He rides the bike like a pro...and does pretty well and so i was wondering if there would be a solution to this or if anyone has had the same problems

OE Yamaha bolts will work you have to tighten the crap out of them & if they break they would have anyway.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SureBlue

Posted March 09, 2006 - 09:15 PM

Try GYTR titanium bolts and tighten the crap out of them.
http://www.yamaha-mo...1/2006/0/1.aspx

• TexN343

Posted March 10, 2006 - 04:16 AM

I used the stock one and I have about a half inch eaten out of my swing arm due to the lil bast*rds coming loose. Definitely use the almost permanent lock tight

• xtreme165

Posted March 10, 2006 - 04:48 AM

TRUST ME! Save your self the headache and $$$$ and get the CRF bolts!! The stock Yamaha ones are JUNK! You will not have to piss with the CRF sproket bolts and they fit perfect. Don't listen to the other BS "stock ones will work" BS, yes they will work but for how long. I own 2 motocross tracks and have seen at least a dozen rear Yamaha wheels destroyed from the sproket bolts coming loose. The KX 250 bolts work as well. Take the Yamaha ones out and go get the CRF or Kx sproket bolts. I have a 06 Yam. and I will changing them over once I start to ride.

• DPW

Posted March 10, 2006 - 05:42 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.