Clutch adjustment. question

2 replies to this topic
  • jkwithers

Posted March 09, 2006 - 08:51 AM

I how do you know when you have your clutch lever adjusted properly? I know I opened myself up for some wise ass answers, but do control yourselves. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cleonard

Posted March 09, 2006 - 09:20 AM

I usually adjust mine so it has about 1/8 inch of free play between the lever and the perch. Not sure but that translates to 1/2 ot 5/8ths at the end of the lever. The important thing is that there is some, and not too much that you can't fully disengage the clutch.

• TimBrp

Posted March 09, 2006 - 09:24 AM

A rule of thumb typically gone by is that your lever be able to hold a nickel in between itself and the perch.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.