Radiator braces or Guards or both?

31 replies to this topic
  • Matty05

Posted March 09, 2006 - 03:24 PM

Unabikers are the best design ( combination of guard and brace in one package) and they now fit without mods with the 3.3 gallon GYT-R or Acerbis big tanks. :thumbsup:

That will come in handy when my tank gets here!

• snakesausage

Posted March 09, 2006 - 05:21 PM

My riding buddy has the Devols. He went down in some deep ruts and bent the strap in the back into the rad. It really only protects the rad. from being crushed not from bending back. I just ordered the Unabikers last weekend, I have not received them yet but I will post my opinion after I install them.

• Matty05

Posted March 09, 2006 - 06:11 PM

My riding buddy has the Devols. He went down in some deep ruts and bent the strap in the back into the rad. It really only protects the rad. from being crushed not from bending back. I just ordered the Unabikers last weekend, I have not received them yet but I will post my opinion after I install them.

Thanks for the info!

• JRAMBO

Posted March 09, 2006 - 07:44 PM

Has anybody seen the ones from CRD Offroad.com :thumbsup: :thumbsup: it says there the roll cage for your radiator looks pretty nice just have not seen any on a bike.

• bluethundaaaa

Posted March 10, 2006 - 01:56 PM

Just purchased the unibiker guards seconds ago. I have devols but I hit a tree and although the guards saved my radiator it did get bent backwards and the fins on the inside near the fram are all bent up. So many responses in favor of Unibiker I had to go with them.

:thumbsup:

• 04WR450F

Posted March 10, 2006 - 03:28 PM

I just got my Unabikers last weekend and installed them the same day. They are such a great design and easy to install. They fit perfectly with NO modifications needed at all. The shrouds didn't need any trimming and went back on perfectly also. The radiators are no longer vulnerable. Awesome product. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chiendesbois

Posted January 29, 2008 - 07:30 PM

hi everyone,
I have the devols on my bike right now and just saw a good deal for used braces . I'm wondering if it's possible to put both on. Does anybody have that kind of info??
P.S.: Please don't reply by saying i should buy Unabikers!!! I 'know they're the sh*t, and if I had to do it all over I'd probably buy them but now I got the devols and I'm pretty satisfied. But I do worry about The infamous back bend!!!!

Thanks

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 29, 2008 - 07:50 PM

what year bike and what tank are you running? we need a little more info to help answer your question

• chiendesbois

Posted January 29, 2008 - 09:50 PM

oops! That is vital info right? My bad!! I have a 2004 wr450 with the stock tank (in fact the whole bike is pretty much stock , but not for long as I recently discovered this web site and been reading like crazy!!! This is a gold mine!!) I should probably mention that the braces come from a 2003 yz 250. The seller insists that these Work connection braces fit on all yz's/wr's from 2003 to 2005. I verified the part # for each of the braces for each bike and they don't match. When I informed him of this, he told me that the company does this on purpose (presumably for added sales)I am also very sceptical about this. But he assures that he'll take them back if they don't fit.
Is this guy BS'ing me or what?????

thanks for the help

• zod0143

Posted January 30, 2008 - 04:08 AM

Unabiker guards are the way to go. Brian is a racer as well as an engineer. He has poured countless hours and designs into creating guards and bracing for Rads for about 6 years now. Having admitted defeat afew times along the way(thanks to yours truely) he has redesigned and redesigned. The rad guard for the WR is absolutely KICK ASS. I crash like no one you have ever met and I have never lost a rad. I have however trashed about 10 sets of guards.( Early CRF designs) You can't not go wrong with UNABIKER Good Luck MattD

• chiendesbois

Posted January 30, 2008 - 05:39 AM

as I said before, I already know that. Thanks. Anyone else?? Thanks

• wr_matt

Posted April 29, 2008 - 10:27 PM

:eek: :p :applause: [COLOR="Blue"]UNABIKER[/COLOR] :ride: :p :prof:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.