yz426 or yz450

47 replies to this topic
  • NorCal

Posted March 10, 2006 - 12:56 PM

You are no fun. :thumbsup:

• River4Life

Posted March 10, 2006 - 07:25 PM

OK... all I'm saying is my brother's 2002 YZ426 is a 4 speed. I've ridden it plenty of times and counted 4 gears and my brother will tell you exactly the same. Maybe something has been done to it secretly, maybe not. I don't know. Take it or leave... I really don't care. :thumbsup:

And in regards to your comment about my CR250 AGAIN!!! (since you insist on beating it to death), my best advice is let's go ride sometime and I'll personally prove to you that I can hill climb it just as good and if not better than a 426. :thumbsup:

Later, Nick

"BUTT-HURT" is awesome/excellent word choice!!! haha i love that word! but all the other stuff your saying is wrong!! the only way your bros 426 is a 4 speed is if he dropped 5th gear some where in the mojave desert where you ride! and BTW the only way the 2 smoke would beat any 4 stroke up a hill is if my 450f was towing it!

• 2fastwhitey

Posted March 10, 2006 - 07:51 PM

You are no fun. :thumbsup:

Hey NorCal...meet SOCAL-the shit ...

where are those pictures taken(from earlier roost picture)....looks like a nice place to ride!

I gotta ride a 4 speed 426 mines got 5, anyway you two beat the cat to death. I gotta say there are some ****ERS on here, back a while ago, I put a post about some mods and said something about not having enough power at 5th tapped and a few dip shits thought I meant on the track. (that would be fun, right into the bleachers!! lol) Some funny stuff!!

Get a 426 bro. For the desert riding you could go with a 450 but I would go with the 426 I love mine out there.

• idiot_on_426

Posted March 11, 2006 - 09:21 AM

first of all get the 426, its an awsome bike, but frankely iv riden both and both are exellent bikes, for u it just depends on money. but anyways about the 4-speed in the 426, im not trying to stirr up anyone, but my neighbor has a 02crf450(we all know that they have 5-speeds), that has a 4-speed because he bought his bike from a honda test pilot, in which honda dropped a 4-speed in as a test to see if it worked well. so it could be possible that maybe Nick's brother might have bought a yamaha test bike that had a 4-speed, like my neighbor...just a thought. which might actually make sense because yamaha moved to a 4-speed in 03 so they could have been checkin the 4-speen out earlier in the 426.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • River4Life

Posted March 11, 2006 - 03:25 PM

first of all get the 426, its an awsome bike, but frankely iv riden both and both are exellent bikes, for u it just depends on money. but anyways about the 4-speed in the 426, im not trying to stirr up anyone, but my neighbor has a 02crf450(we all know that they have 5-speeds), that has a 4-speed because he bought his bike from a honda test pilot, in which honda dropped a 4-speed in as a test to see if it worked well. so it could be possible that maybe Nick's brother might have bought a yamaha test bike that had a 4-speed, like my neighbor...just a thought. which might actually make sense because yamaha moved to a 4-speed in 03 so they could have been checkin the 4-speen out earlier in the 426.

that has to be the most inane thing ive ever heard. stop stirring things up with these lies!

• srhines67

Posted August 26, 2006 - 09:23 PM

Many thanks to all who contributed to this thread. I laughed all the way through it. And, for the record, my 02 426 has 5 speeds. Fast, faster, fasterer. fastererer and fastererer. I don't know how many gears it has because I can't count - much like NorCal.

• TuningFork426

Posted October 11, 2006 - 07:26 PM

Riding a two stroke is like riding a fat chick; its only fun untill your friens see you.

• gbalias

Posted October 11, 2006 - 08:19 PM

this is a good thread. but for on subject....ive got a yz400 and my best friend has a 426 (both with 5sp tranny) and im bout to do a 300km desert race with my 400. so far in all the other desert riding ive done. its been fabulous. no complaints whatsoever. so if i were in the position to get a 426 or a 450, id get the 426 and with the 'extra' money...throw on some goodies to get some more power or to personalize it. im pretty sure the 426 is just about bullet proof.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.