yz426 or yz450

47 replies to this topic
  • 35yz450F

Posted March 09, 2006 - 05:34 PM

Its a 5 speed. When you count gears, you have to count '1' when you click down into first.

How may gears does your CR have?

• NorCal

Posted March 09, 2006 - 06:09 PM

Its a 5 speed. When you count gears, you have to count '1' when you click down into first.

How may gears does your CR have?

Here we go again. Another lame comment posted another &%$#@!.

My CR has more gears than yours :thumbsup:

http://i46.photobuck...yingtheBerm.jpg

• tacoma426

Posted March 09, 2006 - 08:11 PM

Here we go again. Another lame comment posted another &%$#@!.

My CR has more gears than yours :bonk:

http://i46.photobuck...yingtheBerm.jpg

"&%$#@!" :thumbsup: ha that’s funny. He is just trying to teach your "dumb ass" how to count. :thumbsup:

• yz_for_me

Posted March 09, 2006 - 09:28 PM

I'm not sure. The bike isn't in front of me. But I do know that there is a dipstick in the frame, above the gas tank. I don't know if that helps out any. :thumbsup:

That's definately a 426 although I'm not sure what happened to his 5th gear. Just a suggestion, but if he really does only have 4 gears, he might want to figure out what happened to number 5.

• NorCal

Posted March 09, 2006 - 10:35 PM

"&%$#@!" :thumbsup: ha that’s funny. He is just trying to teach your "dumb ass" how to count. :thumbsup:

If you want to drive down to California and count the gears, be my guest. I'll call whoever I want a &%$#@!. Are you the administrator? I thought not.

• NorCal

Posted March 09, 2006 - 10:37 PM

That's definately a 426 although I'm not sure what happened to his 5th gear. Just a suggestion, but if he really does only have 4 gears, he might want to figure out what happened to number 5.

Thank you for a suggestion that is not so abrasive. More people should be like this on TT :thumbsup:

• camaro345

Posted March 09, 2006 - 10:38 PM

Isnt it "I think not"?? Correct me if I'm wrong. And does neutral count as a gear?? :thumbsup:

• tacoma426

Posted March 09, 2006 - 10:42 PM

If you want to drive down to California and count the gears, be my guest. I'll call whoever I want a &%$#@!. Are you the administrator? I thought not.

Only if i can ride the "4-speed" 426 :thumbsup:

• swatcie

Posted March 09, 2006 - 11:34 PM

Hey, guys. I have a question about those two bikes. I do desert riding with absolutely not MX. I'm 5'10 140. Which bike would be better for desert riding? Also, how does the 426 compare with an '03 450 power wise?

Thanks,

Much2fear

Since you live in california you might want to go with the 426 because you will get a green sticker and can ride year around. Thats why I have One. I love the power it gives too! :thumbsup:

• 426boy

Posted March 10, 2006 - 12:52 AM

no u dont want a 426 they have a really crappy 4 speed and they cant clime hills like a cr 250 can :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 426boy

Posted March 10, 2006 - 12:52 AM

no u dont want a 426 they have a really crappy 4 speed and they cant climb hills like a cr 250 can :thumbsup:

• NorCal

Posted March 10, 2006 - 12:58 AM

Isnt it "I think not"?? Correct me if I'm wrong. And does neutral count as a gear?? :bonk:

Do you want to play the English professor role? I will be glad to pick and pull apart your sentences. I'm not going to because that is totally besides the point.

See, the funny thing about this thread is you guys think you can break me down. I don't care if the :thumbsup: 426 has 4, 5, 6, or even 7 speeds. It doesn't make a difference to me. The fact is, I out hill climbed a YZ426 and I suggested to the person who was inquiring about a bike to get a 450.

Just remember, actions speak louder than words. All those that doubt me, that's fine. I will be more than willing to show you what I can do. :thumbsup:

In the mean time, just keep talking shit. You guys have proved to do that well. :bonk:

~Nick
Sacramento, California

• 426_Texan

Posted March 10, 2006 - 01:22 AM

Do you want to play the English professor role? I will be glad to pick and pull apart your sentences. I'm not going to because that is totally besides the point.

See, the funny thing about this thread is you guys think you can break me down. I don't care if the :thumbsup: 426 has 4, 5, 6, or even 7 speeds. It doesn't make a difference to me. The fact is, I out hill climbed a YZ426 and I suggested to the person who was inquiring about a bike to get a 450.

Just remember, actions speak louder than words. All those that doubt me, that's fine. I will be more than willing to show you what I can do. :thumbsup:

In the mean time, just keep talking shit. You guys have proved to do that well. :bonk:

~Nick
Sacramento, California

No one said you can't climb hills with a 2-stroke. However, no matter what you say or think, the torque of a 4-stroke makes it more suited for climbing hills.

I would also like to add that you comparing a modded bike to a stock bike is just asinine.

• berudd

Posted March 10, 2006 - 06:40 AM

If the 426 had 4 gears it is broken in some way. If the tranny is screwed, then I am sure something else is as well.

I have never ridden in the desert cause we don't have many of those in North Carolina. But, I would guess that the 426 would be great there. Most of the changes to the 450 were for MX performance. The minor difference in power is more in the delivery than the actually total output I would say. 5th gear would be manditory in the desert I am guessing.

Nick, if you don't like your treatment here leave or learn to treat people better yourself. You made a statement that everyone and his brother new was false. All 426s were built with 5 speed trannies. When someone told you that you were wrong you are the one that started getting pissy. You told people they needed to get their facts straight when you yourself were the one that was wrong. Coming back after that and saying well MY BROTHER'S 426 only has 4 does not mean shit. Does it? Does it not? Know one knows or cares. At this point you probably have zero credibility and no one would believe anything you say.

• NorCal

Posted March 10, 2006 - 09:03 AM

If the 426 had 4 gears it is broken in some way. If the tranny is screwed, then I am sure something else is as well.

I have never ridden in the desert cause we don't have many of those in North Carolina. But, I would guess that the 426 would be great there. Most of the changes to the 450 were for MX performance. The minor difference in power is more in the delivery than the actually total output I would say. 5th gear would be manditory in the desert I am guessing.

Nick, if you don't like your treatment here leave or learn to treat people better yourself. You made a statement that everyone and his brother new was false. All 426s were built with 5 speed trannies. When someone told you that you were wrong you are the one that started getting pissy. You told people they needed to get their facts straight when you yourself were the one that was wrong. Coming back after that and saying well MY BROTHER'S 426 only has 4 does not mean shit. Does it? Does it not? Know one knows or cares. At this point you probably have zero credibility and no one would believe anything you say.

I was basing that statement about 4 gears on a personal account. I didn't do any research before posting. Like have said a million times on this thread, my bro's has 4 gears. Maybe its modded or broken; however, all 4 gears work and shift great. I could really care less. Folks keep bringing it up and including their own smart ass remarks. Frankly, I'm not just going to sit back and watch.

I am sorry if I caused you any pain or discomfort. I will still standby my main point though which was geared (no pun intended :thumbsup: ) to the fella who was thinking about getting a 426 or a 450. And I say to you, and you only, despite further claims and arguments, I urge you to go the 450 route because of past experiences I have had with these highly prized machines. On the other hand, if you absolutely feel you need a green sticker, pick up a nice YZ426. :thumbsup:

~Nick
Sacramento, California

• berudd

Posted March 10, 2006 - 11:16 AM

I didn't do any research before posting.

Now that is a funny statement from someone that shot his mouth off to others about needing to get their facts straight.

• NorCal

Posted March 10, 2006 - 11:21 AM

Now that is a funny statement from someone that shot his mouth off to others about needing to get their facts straight.

Wow. Get a life. Stop taking it so personal.

• berudd

Posted March 10, 2006 - 11:45 AM

taking what personal? LOL you give yourself way to much credit. It's just boredom and for the moment this is amusing. Granted, not very but like I said I am bored.

• NorCal

Posted March 10, 2006 - 11:53 AM

Great! I'm glad you get so much pleasure out of this. :thumbsup:

Is there anything else I can do to entertain you? Do you want to see some pictures of the Mojave Desert in California? Have you been there? Do you want to go? Have you ever ridden in a desert before?

• berudd

Posted March 10, 2006 - 12:34 PM

Let me see....

No. No. No. No. And No.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.