1/2 corked?

25 replies to this topic
  • TimBrp

Posted March 10, 2006 - 03:47 AM

The power is super smooth and easy to control. However, the difference in power delivery from corked vs. uncorked is amazing. It actually makes the bike easier to ride, if you can believe it.

• PigRider

Posted March 10, 2006 - 05:57 AM

Don't worry, the 650r is not an intimidating ride. Yes, tons of low end torque but very manageable. It's definitely not a wheelie machine.

• loufish

Posted March 11, 2006 - 07:22 AM

To answer your real question...No you can't un-cork it 1/2 way, all the mods work togather, doing half of them make the bike harder to start, could run hotter, and will run worse(less power, poor throttle response)

By "un-corking" the bike you get a much happier bike, easier to start, and you still get the total dial on power...need less power, less throttle.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • babbs

Posted March 15, 2006 - 12:40 PM

Try not twisting that twisty thing on the right handle bar so much, I have found that really keeps the power in check.

• MindBlower

Posted March 15, 2006 - 05:57 PM

Try not twisting that twisty thing on the right handle bar so much, I have found that really keeps the power in check.

one in every crowd............ :thumbsup:

• CFAmD7G

Posted March 16, 2006 - 08:43 AM

I think what Mindblower is getting at is that he loves the power the uncorked pig produces. He would just like to have more control over when and how it becomes available. I know what he means, your ploding your way up a ditch with melon sized rocks all around, you in second gear because 1st lurches to much, you miss your line, hit a melon and get thrown back. As you attempt to regain stability from the unexpected attitude you inadvertently grab extra throttle and compound the error. If this is what your talking about, let me know, as I have addressed this issue myself.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.