Saying god-bye to my 01 426

15 replies to this topic
  • jecsr

Posted March 08, 2006 - 05:20 PM

Here a link to my baby that I thought I would share with everyone before I let her go. :thumbsup: http://photobucket.c...ecsr/YZ426F-YL/
My son is racing and we have been working late on Saturday nights after he practices to get his bike ready for the race on Sunday. Last couple of times has been pretty close in getting it ready. Trying to find replacement parts in a day has been tough. It only makes since to sell her and buy another 03 YZ250 for him to practice on, swap parts, race, etc… I tried to talk him into racing this one, However, he prefers the 2-smoker. This will at least give us a week to repair anything that might brake or get replacement parts. I’ll be taking to a local shop this week and listing it here at TT and eBay. Hopefully it will go quick. Enjoy !

• Yak

Posted March 08, 2006 - 06:32 PM

With all the money you have sunk into that thing, I would have thought you'd have done the Honda Routed brake line by now.

• jecsr

Posted March 08, 2006 - 06:45 PM

With all the money you have sunk into that thing, I would have thought you'd have done the Honda Routed brake line by now.

Read about it. However, I never had a problem with the current setup. :thumbsup:

• Raven1911

Posted March 08, 2006 - 08:33 PM

That sucks but I think its good that your son is getting the benefit! What a dad! He better thank you one day!

• swatcie

Posted March 08, 2006 - 09:20 PM

That is one sick bike. :thumbsup: Too bad you have to get rid of it :thumbsup:

• 426boy

Posted March 09, 2006 - 01:16 PM

nice looking bike bet ur sad to let it go

• bk_yzf400

Posted March 09, 2006 - 02:08 PM

That is one nice looking 426! looks brand new. Bet your proud of it. Did it take you long to get it looking that good?

• jecsr

Posted March 09, 2006 - 05:25 PM

That is one nice looking 426! looks brand new. Bet your proud of it. Did it take you long to get it looking that good?

Thanks ! I am very proud of it and I always tried to keep it looking as new as possible. After every ride, I’ll break it all the way down and wash everything by hand with soap and water. I never use a pressure washer, just a hose pipe attachment. When putting it back together, I would touch up the worn off paint, grease the axels, put wd-40 on the chain (after laying it flat out and scrubbing it with a brush to remove all the dirt) and make sure that everything is adjusted right and feeling smooth. I always change the oil and filter every other ride and the fork oil every 20 hours. Keeping it serviced and looking like new, makes the finished product well worth the effort. She will be missed, But they'll be another one that I can call my own one day :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kid on a 426

Posted March 09, 2006 - 05:45 PM

GEEZ that thing is NICE thats the best looking 426 i think ive ever seen. Gotta love that hurricane kit Ive been thinking about one for my bike

• tacoma426

Posted March 09, 2006 - 10:30 PM

im thinking of getting rid of mine for a 200mxc :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Baron Von Beard

Posted March 09, 2006 - 10:38 PM

Saying god-bye to my 01 426

God bought your 426! I didn't know that Cat rode! Man, He gets cooler and cooler every day!

• jecsr

Posted March 10, 2006 - 10:18 PM

Yep ! He made me an offer I could not refuse. :thumbsup:
I can't believe I did that. Thanks for pointing it out to everyone. :thumbsup:

• Baron Von Beard

Posted March 11, 2006 - 07:59 AM

Yep ! He made me an offer I could not refuse. :thumbsup:
I can't believe I did that. Thanks for pointing it out to everyone. :bonk:

Just make sure that you capitalize it next time. :thumbsup:

• kid on a 426

Posted March 11, 2006 - 08:07 PM

Just for yucks, how much are you selling it for?

• jecsr

Posted March 11, 2006 - 08:13 PM

Just for yucks, how much are you selling it for?

I have it at a local shop asking $3200. I know that sounds high, but after seeing the prices of the other bikes, it was a bit low.

• kid on a 426

Posted March 12, 2006 - 08:58 PM

WOW thats way cheap I would pay at least 3500 for my part of CA if you lived over here you could sell it for 3800

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.