Spring is on its way, time for a new front tire.

28 replies to this topic
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted March 09, 2006 - 10:10 AM

I'm pretty much down to the MT21 or the D606.

• hill5150

Posted March 10, 2006 - 10:29 AM

Dude, shut up. She hit 95 on my street, I had to lay off because Ive got a knobby rated for 68 mph, and I do not have a death wish. She had plenty left. In fact, you have no room to speak, my bike tops out higher than yours.

:thumbsup: get the huffy little boy............(In fact, you have no room to speak, my bike tops out higher than yours.[/ are you f$%&*^g kidding me, you are true entertainment, keep it up........... :thumbsup:

• hill5150

Posted March 10, 2006 - 05:44 PM

True, probably 100 is absolute tops for a stock-cammed and stock-compression uncorked XR650L,
but,
it is certainly not a POS, whatever you think of 'the kid'.

Why go out of your way to be a jerk when you can
... just ... shut .... the ....:thumbsup:.... up?

The kid's mellowed out a bit, how about you give it a try too?

WR, the MT21 is very good everywhere except loose sand and mud, and has very good pavement manners for something that works so well off-road.

Dave

:thumbsup: .................anyone have a violen?................................ :bonk:

• wr450fyamaha

Posted March 11, 2006 - 06:30 PM

:thumbsup: get the huffy little boy............(In fact, you have no room to speak, my bike tops out higher than yours.[/ are you f$%&*^g kidding me, you are true entertainment, keep it up........... :thumbsup:

See ya on the quarter mile bud.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted March 11, 2006 - 06:32 PM

True, probably 100 is absolute tops for a stock-cammed and stock-compression uncorked XR650L,
but,
it is certainly not a POS, whatever you think of 'the kid'.

Why go out of your way to be a jerk when you can
... just ... shut .... the ....:thumbsup:.... up?

The kid's mellowed out a bit, how about you give it a try too?

WR, the MT21 is very good everywhere except loose sand and mud, and has very good pavement manners for something that works so well off-road.

Dave

That may be, if I had a stock cam. Ive got a Hot cam and I am unsure of other engine modifications..... Thank you for the vote for MT21, I think thats more what im looking for.

• Supplicate

Posted March 11, 2006 - 07:09 PM

See ya on the quarter mile bud.

:thumbsup:

Can't wait to see time slips from your next drag race

:thumbsup:

• XRsteve

Posted March 12, 2006 - 12:56 AM

The D606 is not really that wonderful for the street. They skid pretty easy and you can actually feel the knobs vibrate going around corners. You might want to stick with the stock trailwings. They are better on the road.
If you're riding mostly road, you should consider getting another bike. You should think about getting a supermotard. I haven't ridden one, but they look like a lot of fun on the street.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted March 12, 2006 - 03:41 PM

The D606 is not really that wonderful for the street. They skid pretty easy and you can actually feel the knobs vibrate going around corners. You might want to stick with the stock trailwings. They are better on the road.
If you're riding mostly road, you should consider getting another bike. You should think about getting a supermotard. I haven't ridden one, but they look like a lot of fun on the street.

Im going to upgrade to a crotch rocket either end of this summer or next spring. This is just my "transition bike". The MT21 looks like it has longer knobs that wouldn't vibrate around corners and would last longer.

• HawkGT

Posted March 12, 2006 - 03:54 PM

My opinion: "crotch rocket" is a somewhat derogatory term used by those out-of-the-know. I'd switch over to "sportbike" ASAP if your gonna be riding one. I've never met anyone who rides a sportbike (and I've met LOTS) who is even mildly serious about riding refer to their bike as a crotch rocket.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.