Thunder Alley Pipe on '06 YZ450

7 replies to this topic
  • Wyatt

Posted March 08, 2006 - 11:13 AM

I put in a good weekend or racing and riding with my new Thunder Alley Pipe installed on my '06 450. I have to say that I am very happy with my purchase. I didn't expect anything less, because I have been happy with these pipes in the past.

Just as I hoped, it added a blast to the lowend. I think the '06 is a little soft down low with the stock pipe. The bike now has a ton of smooth power from crack of the throttle to the top. To me, this makes the bike easier to ride. More power down low = less downshifting in a corner.

Best of all, my exhaust does not reach to the end of the fender now. At 250 bucks, this pipe is a real bargain in a world of 600 dollar plus exhaust systems.

• Serenity Now

Posted March 08, 2006 - 11:29 AM

I agree. I had a thunder alley on one of my 426's and loved it. very nice throaty sound too. Very good pipe at an even better price.

• ThumperKid250F

Posted March 08, 2006 - 11:36 AM

can you post some pics. of the pipe on the bike

thanks mike ..

• beasleys

Posted March 08, 2006 - 04:03 PM

Do you happen to know how many dB that pipe is? :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CRFThumper

Posted March 08, 2006 - 04:41 PM

I do.......LOUD!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

• ryan_yz250f

Posted March 08, 2006 - 07:14 PM

Did you get the slip-on?

• Wyatt

Posted March 08, 2006 - 08:31 PM

Yes, it is the slip on. I don't have any pics of it yet. It does look nice. I will try to take some.

• aford541

Posted March 08, 2006 - 10:43 PM

I ended up getting a DMC pipe for mine it will be here this week, although I am not "supposed" to ride till July because of My ACL replacement.

I agree that the 06 is softer than my 05 for sure, I had the head and carb done on that bike and the TPS sensor disconnected, it ripped but the 4 speed required more bottom end than the 5 speed seemed to.

The longer head pipe of my 04 Carbon pro that was on the 05 helped the low end response, I ended up with a shorter head pipe on it which helped over rev a bit but gave a way some bottom, but it had some to give.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.