Got Goggles?

22 replies to this topic
  • Tsk350

Posted March 07, 2006 - 10:40 PM

Hey guys Im in need of some new goggles and was wondering what everybody else is wearing. What are the best out there? I ride trails and a few fire roads. I was looking at the Oakley crowbar pro frames but they are back ordered for the next month! So I need something else. Price is no object ( I think )! Thanks :thumbsup:

• Matty05

Posted March 07, 2006 - 10:54 PM

Hey guys Im in need of some new goggles and was wondering what everybody else is wearing. What are the best out there? I ride trails and a few fire roads. I was looking at the Oakley crowbar pro frames but they are back ordered for the next month! So I need something else. Price is no object ( I think )! Thanks :thumbsup:

I have been through quite a few goggles, I would recomment stay away from smith.

I got oakley crowbar's (standard) now, awesome. They sit a lot closer to your face, the nose piece makes it a bit of a pain to put em on, but wery comfortable. The nose piece comes off, but I won't take it off as it is great protection. I ride in rain a fair bit, feels like roost when you are flying along. The nose guard stops me getting hit in the face and lips where it hurts the most.

Oakley seem to have the highest quality, the foam around the goggle is the best. Not impressed at all with my smith fuel Ti's. the foam is crap and pulls away from the frame.

My missus got warp Ti's a little while ago, but they are holding up ok. I wouldn't buy em.

My missus oakley pro frames are still awesome after a year or so of riding every week end.

I say wait till you get the oakley crobar pro's.

• JDrooster

Posted March 08, 2006 - 06:34 AM

I just recently switched to pro-grip 3400's and I love them. they fit nicely to my face, and they refuse to fog. Great goggles!

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted March 08, 2006 - 10:17 AM

I've got a few pairs of Spys. The new Magneto's are real nice.

• eazrider

Posted March 08, 2006 - 11:27 AM

Dare I say it....I love those "Retro" Scott 89's I've used for the past 20 years..........!

• Moto5

Posted March 08, 2006 - 11:35 AM

I use the Scott 89's and I'm happy with them.

• SPLATT

Posted March 08, 2006 - 11:45 AM

I just recently switched to pro-grip 3400's and I love them. they fit nicely to my face, and they refuse to fog. Great goggles!

Same here.

Steve

• byggd

Posted March 08, 2006 - 11:54 AM

I usually just buy 3 or 4 pair of Scott's when I find a good sale for 5 to 8 bucks a pair. When they wear out I chuck them and move on.

• GCannon

Posted March 08, 2006 - 02:16 PM

The Scott hi voltage seem to be good googles but the no sweat foam scratches my forehead. The pro grips seem to have too much foam and feel bulky getting knocked around by my helmet. go for the Oakleys

• 642MX

Posted March 08, 2006 - 05:11 PM

Another vote for Pro Grip. I've used them all and the Pro Grips are, by far, the most comfortable, fog resistant goggles made. The light sensitive lens works well, and they come with tear off posts. They are a deal for under $50. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xcracer123

Posted March 08, 2006 - 06:49 PM

I LOVE my SMITH goggles. They are also an outstanding company to deal with if you have any problems. They have always stood behind their product for me.

• Tsk350

Posted March 10, 2006 - 02:20 PM

So I guess I will wait for the Oak's. Thanks for the input. What is the difference between the Crowbars and the crowbar Pros?

• tony1970

Posted March 10, 2006 - 06:30 PM

Ditto on the Pro Grips. :thumbsup:

• Tsk350

Posted March 12, 2006 - 04:30 PM

Well I figured out what the difference is between the two Oakleys, the pros have a black iridium lens and the regular crowbars have a clear lens. Is it worth the extra 25 bucks to have the pros? :thumbsup:

• ARin

Posted March 12, 2006 - 04:35 PM

spy targas..

nicest goggle i have used yet. and not too spendy

• David37

Posted March 12, 2006 - 07:44 PM

Scott No-Sweat, they really do keep the sweat out of your eyes. IMO they are worth the extra $$ and they work!

• internetguy

Posted March 12, 2006 - 08:00 PM

TSK-- I have a brand new pair of Dragon's that won't fit over my glasses. Nice goggles. Never used. Paid something like $35 for them; you can have them for $20. Send me PM if interested.

Regards-

Neil.

• tfitzgerald2

Posted March 12, 2006 - 09:24 PM

How do you like the auto clutch?

Regards
Tim

• Matty05

Posted March 14, 2006 - 05:19 AM

Well I figured out what the difference is between the two Oakleys, the pros have a black iridium lens and the regular crowbars have a clear lens. Is it worth the extra 25 bucks to have the pros? :thumbsup:

The pro's have bigger lenses too. You can get the fancy lenses for the standard crowbar's also.

• flatnacker

Posted March 23, 2006 - 06:38 PM

So I guess I will wait for the Oak's. Thanks for the input. What is the difference between the Crowbars and the crowbar Pros?

1 person says Oakleys, about 6 say Pro Grips and you go the Oakleys?? &%$#@! :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.