2001 WR 426 Kickstand

3 replies to this topic
  • wildwoodatk

Posted March 07, 2006 - 04:10 PM

I recently purchased an '01 WR426. The previous owner removed and lost the kickstand. I purchased a used '03 kickstand on ebay as they have the same part #'s. What I can't figure out is where it bolts on!!. Does anyone have a close-up photo of a stock kickstand mounted on a 426????

• C-ya

Posted March 07, 2006 - 04:48 PM

Prolly the same place it does on my '99 400. I know both of my bikes are the same, the other being my '99 YZ125.

You might need a longer bolt for the chain roller under the swingarm. The stock one might cut it, but my stand came with new bolts.

Ordered this one from Rocky Mountain. It mounts in the stock location.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The Blue Trail Rider

Posted March 07, 2006 - 05:14 PM

I had an 01 WR 426 too and I did not like the stock stand. I eventually bought Pro Moto Billets "Kickit stand" and loved it. It is all aluminum and only weighs 750g. It has a high power spring internally and looks great. It just cost $160. A lot of money for a kick stand, but I was sad to see it go when I bought my 06 and sold the 426. I would have kept it, but they have changed so much now. Look into it, they're cool.

• wildwoodatk

Posted March 08, 2006 - 05:43 AM

Thanks Guys. The mounting bracket looks different on your 400. Those of you w/426's. Is the mounting bracket supposed to go from the subframe bolt to the chainroller bolt?? The bracket for the '03 wont reach. Any more pic's???

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.