Brake lines?

2 replies to this topic
  • Tsk350

Posted March 06, 2006 - 11:43 PM

Ok, here is a question for you guys that have a yz and a wr. Is the front brake line the same length on a wr as a yz?

I bought a Galfer front stainless braided yz brake line for my 2003 wr and its way to short.

Here's another one for ya what is Cr style in brake lines compaired to regular?

:bonk: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jbrooks26

Posted March 07, 2006 - 01:18 AM

CR style routing does not take the brake line under the fork leg. This is probably why you are looking at it like it is too short. It is most likely a CR style brake line and will now go directly to the caliper rather than all the way below the fork and then back up. There is a different clamp configuration too, but I am not too familiar with it. Hope this helps.

• Tsk350

Posted March 07, 2006 - 10:34 PM

You are correct!! I figured it out after some long hard stairing!!!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.