06yz450 decibel level

8 replies to this topic
  • jwcrf05

Posted March 06, 2006 - 10:16 PM

anybody know how loud these new 450s are?

• letmein

Posted March 06, 2006 - 10:34 PM

My friend tested at 101 db. Another friend was 100 db

• jwcrf05

Posted March 07, 2006 - 12:23 PM

so i guess they aren't worried about the whole 96db rule then. the new issue of dirt rider has it at 95.4 db. although 101 sounds more like it

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted March 07, 2006 - 02:09 PM

I looked in that Dirt Rider article for an explanation of how they came up with the db levels, but it didnt say. I know mine is a hell of alot louder than 94db. I dont know how the hell they came up with those numbers.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stknrdr

Posted March 07, 2006 - 03:51 PM

anybody know how loud these new 450s are?

Loud...very very LOUD. Not that I mind...but im sure my neighbors do...which brings me to the point...has anybody tried one of the endcaps w/spark arrestors and quiet inserts? I have absolutely no desire to buy a new exhaust for a bike that already makes more power than I need.

That said, I would really like to find some kind of insert or end that I can put in when I am riding our local neighborhood track...and that I can take out when I race. I found this one...

http://www.promotobi...m.asp?itemid=98 that might just do the trick..just wondering if anyone has tried it...it would be nice to go down to under 96db when I want to.

• rooster wrooster

Posted March 07, 2006 - 07:40 PM

I ordered my pmb spark arrestor end cap with silent insert last week, so it should be here any day. I'll take some pics. One note of interest, though, I ordered the spark arrestor and what appeared to be the matching silent insert but I got a call saying I ordered the wrong one and that the right one wouldn't be available until the week of 3-12 and that they would ship them seperate.

• cowboyona426

Posted March 07, 2006 - 08:50 PM

There is also a company called Purely Customs that makes a funny looking endcap with a claimed 96 dB level. Go to www.purelycustoms.com to check them out. Myself, I ordered the new style PMB end cap with no quiet insert... guess I'll see how loud it really is next week when I get to ride my new bike.

• Idaho_Stas

Posted March 07, 2006 - 09:04 PM

I ordered my pmb spark arrestor end cap with silent insert last week, so it should be here any day. I'll take some pics. One note of interest, though, I ordered the spark arrestor and what appeared to be the matching silent insert but I got a call saying I ordered the wrong one and that the right one wouldn't be available until the week of 3-12 and that they would ship them seperate.

I also have a PMB spark arrestor/endcap on order. If you want their 'old style' endcaps, you can get them today. If you want their 'new style' (cone shaped in anodized colors) they are available in limited colors/quantities now. I'm waiting on a black anodized endcap and have been told it should arrive any day now. I'll let you know what it does to sound levels after I get it installed.

• stknrdr

Posted March 08, 2006 - 07:59 AM

Thank for the replies guys...cant wait to hear the results...im gonna go ahead and get one too I think...seems like the reasonable thing to do.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.