Raising Stock Handlebar 06 WR450

29 replies to this topic
  • andy666

Posted March 21, 2006 - 04:36 PM

I did the adapters and pro taper bars no issues with cable length for me on my 06 .

• rescue23

Posted March 21, 2006 - 08:58 PM

rocky mountain mc $19.99 up to 35mm rise for stock bars

• bigdrtrdr

Posted March 22, 2006 - 08:36 AM

The best bar risers are here:

www.barrisersonline.com

They're sturdy, look good and work awesome. They come with stainless bolts too!

Word!

I'm 6' 9" and these are the best 1.5" up and 1.5" forward.

All the other risers put the bars up and back in your lap.
My stock cables were long enough!

Plus you can put a Scotts Sub Mount on your stock tripple clamp saving 100s of dollars.

I have photos if you want to see.

• boer

Posted April 18, 2006 - 09:43 PM

Has anyone found the extra 1/2" shorter width of the Pastrana FMX to be an issue?? :thumbsup:

• markvfr

Posted April 19, 2006 - 02:00 PM

I'm about to install the Pastrana FMX with the adapters as well and I'm glad to hear that no one had any issues with the cable re-routing in this mod. Seems like Kepy had some issues with the Ramirez bars but so far I've heard no re-routing necessary for the FMX combo. Good to hear.
I can't see how the 1/2" shorter width would make a huge difference. It'll make it easier for me to squeeze through some of the single track around here. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nitronaf

Posted April 19, 2006 - 04:05 PM

what adapters did u end up using and what model is ur wr?
i wanna put some fmx pastrana's on my 06motard but am unsure which mounts to order

• markvfr

Posted April 19, 2006 - 05:05 PM

As my signature says I have the 06 same as you but the US/Canadian model not the aussie dual sport model. I just got the universal Moose clamps for oversized bars 1 1/8. I didn't bother getting the triple clamp. We'll see how it works with that setup. I'll post back after I install them and tell you if I had any issues. Off to the garage I go... :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

• markvfr

Posted April 20, 2006 - 05:48 AM

Well, the install went without problems and no cable re-routing issues. Standing on the pegs now, I can actually keep my back straight (I'm 6'2), great improvement over stock. :thumbsup: Going riding this weekend, so that will be the big test.

Cheers,

• nitronaf

Posted April 20, 2006 - 06:07 AM

thanx heaps mark ^^

• boer

Posted April 20, 2006 - 06:49 PM

Going riding this weekend, so that will be the big test.

Let us know how it feels. Enjoy :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.