Applied triple clamps

6 replies to this topic
  • mlight9

Posted March 06, 2006 - 05:12 PM

Just installed my new Applied triple clamp set on my YZ450 and got a small ride in. I had raised my fork up in the stock clamps and that seemed to help with the cornering and push. But the Applied clamps are even better than expected. The bike turns like no other and didn't notice any push even with the stock front tire. The reason I got the set up really was to raise the bars a little to help with my height, "6'3" But the turning was just a extra added bonus, and man does it turn now. couldn't be any happier. In my opinion it was money well spent. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :eek:

• grayracer513

Posted March 06, 2006 - 05:52 PM

Is this an '06, and is the clamp offset stock? Did you use both upper and lower, or just the upper.

• mlight9

Posted March 06, 2006 - 06:04 PM

Yes it's a 2006 YZ450 and no it's not the stock offset. The new offset is a 27 over the stock 25. It is the upper and lower clamps, I had them also install a aluminum steer tube as well. Like I said in the first post, I'm very pleased with this set up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 06, 2006 - 06:13 PM

27mm? Interesting approach.

• cowboyona426

Posted March 06, 2006 - 07:20 PM

mlight, where did you buy them and how much? What bar height options are available?

• mlight9

Posted March 06, 2006 - 08:12 PM

I got them from Applied shipping and everything was $435.00. In the rigid mount you can get them in 5mm or 10mm over stock height. With the rubber mount which are the ones I got come in 5, 10 or 15mm height.

• PK

Posted April 05, 2006 - 07:08 AM

I just bought a set from Motosport outlet for $309. I have read great things about this offset. I also went with the 10mm taller mounts.

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.