leg getting caught on shroud

10 replies to this topic
  • riderman329

Posted March 06, 2006 - 04:21 PM

lat weekend i went riding at i tight indoor track i went for a inside tight rut that i made and i stuck my leg out and gripped with the shroud, then i got out of the corner and went to put my leg back on the peg i knee brace was caught on the top corner of my rad shroud. is there any way to fix that or is it some thing i'm going to have to deal with?

man this was a weird feeling

i did it about 4 time total when i was there.

• almostinvincible119

Posted March 06, 2006 - 05:01 PM

i think it depends on what kind of bike your riding, and it might be the top of your boot. im havin the same problem, and its not getting caught on the shroud like the old yz 2 strokes did, but rather on the compression adjuster for the rear shock. i wear gaerne sg10s and the top of the boot comes a little too high and sometimes gets caught on the clicker adjuster in the air. any fixes? PLEASE HELP! regards to your question, try a heat gun (off the bike) to your shroud fins (the ends that bolt to the tank) and try bending them inward.

• riderman329

Posted March 07, 2006 - 10:59 AM

i'm riding a 06 yz450f i also wear sg-10's but it's not the boot that catching it's the knee brace, what do thoes knee sleeves do?

do they go over or under the knee brace?

• xtreme165

Posted March 07, 2006 - 11:46 AM

Same thing here (leg stuck on shrowds) I'm wearing the same boots. I read in a mag that some of the test riders had the same problem with the 06 450? I'm going to try and heat up the upper shrowds and turn them inwards? If you come up with anything else let us know and I will do the same.

• riderman329

Posted March 07, 2006 - 01:51 PM

i'm not messing with my shroud yet that's my last resort!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ethan

Posted March 07, 2006 - 07:26 PM

I have the same problem with my 06'. I had a pair of Sidi boots and just recently bought some Tech 10s (great boot by the way). Both boots do it and I guess it is just something we have to live with. It is a pain in the ass though. How is Chad Reed and the rest of the shredders getting by with it?

• gholt651

Posted March 07, 2006 - 07:34 PM

Having the same problem on mine. I wear the SIDI boots.Though it has never made me loose control,it's not a cool feeling.

• bhollis426

Posted March 08, 2006 - 09:18 AM

On sunday I rode my 426 in it's first enduro. I was squeezing the tank so hard that I folded in the shrouds. It's worse on the right side. Should my plastic really do that or is that aftermarket?(Non OEM)?

• Riel250f

Posted August 16, 2010 - 04:35 AM

Anyone have a resolve for this issue?
Just rode my 07' and my leg gets hung up almost every turn.
I think my boot is and my Web knee brace.

I guess I could try duct tape around top of my boot.
I don't really want to duct tape the holes in my shrouds off...

• moto278

Posted August 16, 2010 - 01:46 PM

from what ive read its with the shroud design on the 06-09 yz's? ive done it on my 07 250f but not my 10 450 with the new sroud design. but i remember reading quite a bit of riders having this problem. idk if a solution was ever found tho. im sure if chad and those guys back in the day had the problem on their race bikes yamaha may have designed special shrouds for them. who know tho, mayb the just delt with it?

• rdrata

Posted August 16, 2010 - 05:20 PM

I never had a problem with my Tech 8's but my Gaerne SG 12's I did. It is the top inner plastic flange at the very top apex of the arch. I used gorilla tape and taped over it into the inside of the boot so it could not connect to any parts on the bike. Much better now.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.