Where to buy jets

6 replies to this topic
  • DC_Excitement

Posted March 06, 2006 - 04:10 PM

hi im lookin to buy a 48 pilot jet for my 450, i was wondering where i could get one on the internet, i know my dealer is gonna charge like 15 bucks for the thing, thanks

• kawirider

Posted March 06, 2006 - 04:56 PM

Actually I think my dealer charged me about $5 for one of those. The 45 pilot jets are the real killers though. Those cost me $11 each.

• NYMXer

Posted March 06, 2006 - 05:27 PM

$5/jet from Dennis Kirk. PN N424-21-48 for the pilot jet.........99101-357-170 for the main jet

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DC_Excitement

Posted March 06, 2006 - 06:07 PM

wow great guys, thanks alot

• Matt96xr6

Posted March 06, 2006 - 06:11 PM

Most dealers deal with WPS, Tucker and Parts Unlimited. All of them have aftermarket jets in there for kehin and mikuni carbs. Your dealer should have a selection of them under the counter or behind the counter. Just ask them for the aftermarket jets.

• foreverblue

Posted March 06, 2006 - 07:00 PM

Sounds stupid but inspect the jet they sell you. I purchased a #45 pilot jet from my local dealer at it was incorrect. The profile of the jet was exact but it was 1/4" shorter. I caught it before assembly so I don't know what problems it might have caused.

• Matt96xr6

Posted March 06, 2006 - 09:20 PM

There are different styles of jets. So you must know what you need. Like a 42 or 45 series jet. Bring your old ones in so you can match up the style.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.